Chapter 12 : Revenge

Like every time after school, Max was working at the ice cream shop. It was tiring and it didn't let her lots of time to do all her homework, but she needed it to pay her apartment, the food, and all those things she needed to live. Today, she was closing the shop. She hated doing that because she had to count the bills in the cash register. It was long and very boring. She was almost done counting when she heard a "click" coming from behind her head. She had a bad shiver, gossebumps, and slowly raised her hands. Someone grabbed her shoulder and blocked her against a wall, pointing a gun at her head. They were three, but she recognized one of them. Well, she recognized the mask, the clown mask, it was the one who opened the door of Mike's basement the night Jane pointed her shotgun at her. And the one with the vampire mask was the one who killed Beverly's father.

- "You sent one of us in jail, you'll pay for that," said the clown mask.

Max just hoped they would take the bills and leave, but they didn't seem to care about this. They were here to kill her, nothing more, nothing less. The clown mask punched her in her jaw. Max fell and fought to not pass out, but her jaw was throbbing, she even thought it was broken. She didn't have the time to look up that she felt his foot kicking her again and again in her belly. She didn't know what to do, she didn't even know if she could try something, they had guns! All they had to do was to pull the trigger! But Max didn't want to fight back, she just wanted to push the button that call the police, then, they could do whatever they would want to do. She watched this clown kicking her while the vampire was taking the bills and the bad guy of Scream was watching outside.

But Max wasn't the kind to give up. While the clown was kicking her, she managed to come back to herself. She punched his balls, making him bended forward, grabbed his sweat, and kicked his face. The man lost his balance, giving Max the opportunity to roll to the desk. She pushed the button. The second after, she got kicked in her face, and then blackout.

It was the lunch time; all the friends were reunited around their table at the dinner they loved going. They decided to join here to cheer up a bit Beverly who was struggling to accept her father's death. But now, they were all waiting for Max.

- "No one knows where she is?" frowned Mike.

- "No, she doesn't answer when I call her," pouted Lucas.

- "We should just go, it was a bad idea anyway," said Bev in a low voice.

- "No, Bev, wait! She will arrive, just give her some time," intervened Will.

- "Yeah, you know Max, she is not really an early bird," smiled Dustin.

- "Here! She is coming!" told Mike, pointing at the front door.

They all turned to her with a smile which faded when they saw her struggling to walk, helped by Gary holding her arm, and when they saw the bandages on her face and nose.

- "Shit! What the hell happened to you!?" asked Dustin, helping her to sit next to him.

- "Old friends came to visit me last night," answered the redhead.

- "Who?" frowned Lucas.

- "The assholes who were with Jane when they assaulted us in Mike's basement!"

- "What the fuck!? Really!?"

- "Yeah, I woke up two hours ago."

- "That's crazy! Did the cops got them!?" asked Mike.

- "No, they ran away when they heard the sirens, well, that's what they told me."

- "And you saw their faces? Was there the one who killed my father?" told Bev.