Chapter 41 : Movie night

Jane slept a bit during the ride, bringing her back to earth. She had no idea where they were taking her, but she knew it couldn't be bad.

- "You're feeling better, sweetheart?" asked Joyce.

- "Don't call me sweetheart."

- "I think she is feeling better," told Hopper.

- "Why I'm not in a cell?"

- "We released all of you as you were all underage."

- "So? Why am I here?"

- "You didn't seem ok, we didn't want to let you alone tonight," intervened Joyce.

- "So you kidnapped me, good."

- "You're gonna spend the night at home."

- "What!? At your home!? What the fuck!? Why!?"

- "Because you're not ok, Jane!"

- "Who fucking cares!?" got irritated Jane.

- "We do!"

- "No, that's not true, you just do that to sleep at night, like that if something happens to me you can be like "hey, it's fine, at least we tried, next!", right!?"

- "You stay here tonight, and we'll talk tomorrow, ok!?" answered firmly Joyce.

- "Why would I do that!?"

- "You have something better to do!?"

Jane leaned back on the seat, crossed her arms, and kicked the seat of Joyce before looking outside. The woman looked at Hopper who was pursing his lips while Joyce was sighing with her mouth, tired. She wasn't surprised to receive a kick in her back, Jane had a very bad temper, but a part of her was sure she was a bit relieved to spend the night in a place where she could sleep peacefully.

When they arrived, Hopper waited next to his car with Jane who was smoking while Joyce was going inside to prepare her son for this.

- "Hey mom, you forgot something?" asked Will.

- "Oh, everyone is already here, fine, great."

- "Yeah, is there a problem?"

- "Uh...I don't know how to say that..."

- "Did Hopper break up with you?" told Mike.

- "No, no, it's fine, I'm not staying...but someone else is."

- "Who?" frowned Will.

Joyce raised her finger to tell him to wait before going outside to tell them to come. When Jane appeared at the door, all the teens inside wide opened their mouths.

- "You're kidding, right? We're not gonna babysit Jane, right?" told Max.

- "I'm not. I want to talk to her tomorrow, and to be sure I could, I told her to stay here."

- "Am I punished? Did I do something wrong?" asked Will.

- "No, no, of course not! She won't annoy you; you won't even know she is here!"

- "Of course, we will, have you smelled her recently!?" replied Max.

- "Shut up, dyke, no one talked to you!" answered angrily Jane.

- "Jane, what did we talk about?" intervened calmly Hopper.

The brunette rolled her eyes, raised her arms before dropping them on her thighs. Everybody understood that they didn't have the choice and "accepted" their new "friend". Joyce thanked them a million times before leaving with Hopper.