Modern Mob School - #3

Word Count : 939

Warning : Mentions of torture and kidnapping

-
-
-
-
"Promise you'll come back soon?" The short kid begged, holding onto his wrist tightly.

Wels smiled down fondly at the youngest hermit. "I promise. You won't even notice I'm gone because you'll be having too much fun at school."

The little boy looked down at the floor. "Mmh... not so sure about that."

Wels chuckled, kneeling down at Mumbo's level. "Hey, when I get back you can tell me all about it. But while I'm gone you gotta keep an eye on everyone, ok?"

Mumbo looked back at Wels, his red eyes lighting up slightly. "Ok."

Wels smiled, patting the kids head. "Be good, alright? I'll be back before you know it, MJ."

-
-
-
-
"I am... terribly sorry that I'm the one to have to give this to you all..." The salesman said, holding out a pink colored envelope to Xisuma. He had his head hanging down.

Xisuma took the envelope, glancing warily at the others. "This... this is probably a progress report, nothing else!" X exclaimed, opening the pink envelope to retrieve what was inside. He sounded unsure.

Mumbo glanced back at the oldest member of his family, TFC.

"That letter is pink..." TFC whispered, turning his head down.

Xisuma looked over the letter, tears started to form in his eyes. "No..." he muttered out. "No..."

Mumbo was confused. He watched the letter fall from X's hands and onto the ground. Mumbo took his chance and scooped it up.

"Reports have come in stating the following - Lieutenant Welsknight of the 3rd Battalion has been KIA."

Mumbo's confusion soared. "What? What does that mean? Is Wels not coming back at the date he originally told us?" He looked at his family desperately for an answer. All he got were teary faces and sobs.

Before Mumbo knew it, the salesman who had delivered them this letter was kneeling down in front of him, his hands on his shoulders. He looked Mumbo directly in the eyes and replied. "No... Lieutenant Wels is... not coming back now or... ever."

-
-
-
-
Lights blared brightly overhead of him. His wrists were sore and his body ached, but he couldn't give up. Not now. He had to get out of here.

The sounds of footsteps filled his ears.

"Now or never." He told himself, keeping up his Mini act of pretend.

Before he knew it, he was counting down the seconds to freedom.

Bang.

Crunch.

Yelling.

Scrapes.

Footsteps.

Wildlife.

Radio Sounds.

Panicked voices.

Shouting.

Silence.

"I'm coming you guys... don't worry... I'll find my way back to you all, I promise."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Where the hell is my family, Richard?" The soldier demanded.

Richard scrambled back. "Yo-You're alive!?"

"Answer my question! Where are they! Where did you send them! Where did you force them to flee?" The soldier once again demanded, revealing a gun at his hip.

Richard stuttered for a reply, backing up until he was stopped by the meeting room table. "Th-They-" The salesman looked around the meeting room. "Someone stop him he's crazy!"

The soldier that now had everyone's attention drew his gun out, cocking it back and aiming at Richard's head. "Three."

Richard put his hands up, shutting his eyes. "Stop this man! He's an insane maniac!"

"Two." The soldier placed his finger on the trigger.

Some people in the meeting room moved up on the soldier to try and stop him.

"One."

"I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY WENT! BUT THE LAST TIME THEY WERE SEEN HERE THEY WERE HEADING EAST!" Richard yelled out, his voice had gone higher.

The soldier held the gun at Richard's head for a beat longer before lowering it. He then turned around, causing the other business members that had moved up, to back off. He put his gun back at his hip and walked out of the meeting room without another word.

"I'm coming back to you all, I promise."

-
-
-
-

"Can I help you sir?" A barista asked, flashing a smile.

The man hesitated for a second before replying. "Um... yeah, is there by chance a demolitions company called... The Boomers around here?"

The lady thought for a moment. "Actually, there is! They're currently working downtown."

The man returned the smile to the woman. "Oh that's great! Thank you!" He then turned and headed out, leaving the woman mildly confused yet intrigued.

Person Switch

Tango laughed as Bdubs and Impulse both got into position, holding onto the grenades. "READY?" He called, giving his thumbs up signal.

Impulse took a deep breath, a grin spreading across his face as he held up his thumbs up. "READY!"

Bdubs had a confident look on his face. He too gave his signal. "LETS BLOW THIS POPSICLE STAND!"

"THREE. TWO. ONE. GO!"

On the go, the three Boomers went and threw their explosives at the designated building that was ordered to go down.

A second.

Three loud explosions went off and the building fell, causing dust to go up into the air.

Tango, Impulse and Bdubs all ducked their heads to prevent themselves from breathing in all the nasty stuff.

After awhile longer the dust settled.

Tango and Bdubs both laughed and high fived each other. "There we go boys!" Bdubs cheered.

Impulse laughed as Tango jumped up and down. "Theres an explosion!"

"Wow, you guys really enjoy doing this don't you?" Someone said, coming up.

Tango flinched. His smile dropped and his eyes widened. He shot around. He knew that voice. "Wels?" Tango asked.

Welsknight chuckled slightly, standing there awkwardly with his hands in his pant pockets. He gave the three a weak smile. "Hey... l-long time no see huh?"

Fin