The Lonely

Jeongyeon had a day off and she wanted to bond with her daughters. Unfortunetely, Iya has to attend to her piano lessons so, she just decided to bring Iya to her lessons then have some quality time with Cassandra alone.

The mother and daughter are walking hand in hand in the park eating ice cream.

Jeong: So Iya how was your life when you were with your appa before?

Cass: Appa was a very good father to me eomma. He would always bond with me whenever he is free and he makes sure that everything I need is ready before I go to school....

Jeong: It must have been to be with him.

Cass: Yes eomma.

Cass: He would also comfort me when I have nightmares.

Jeongyeon then felt very guilty. She should be the one beside her daughter when she had her nightmares but, she wasn't there at all. Tears started to fall from her eyes. The child was confused why her eomma started to tear up.

Cass: Eomma are you alright?
worry is visible in her tone.

Jeongyeon wiped her tears and sniffed and then she held her daughter's cheek.

Jeong: I am alright my child. Its just that I am full of regret because I was never there when you grew up. I am so sorry...

The child was understanding and smart. She cupped her mother's cheeks and made Jeongyeon feel something that she can't explain.

Cass: Eomma, don't cry na. Don't be sorry because I know that wherever you and I were you always loved me and prayed for me. And for me that is more than enough. This time we can get to be together, you can still watch me grow and achieve my dreams. I love you eomma.....

Jeongyeon felt so happy and touched hearing those words from her daughter.

Jeong: I love you Charlotte.....

She kissed her forehead then they had a hug. Jeongyeon felt so happy having her daughter in her arms. This time she promised she would never be absent from the life of her daughter. She would not miss a single smile, laugh or tear from her daughter.

---Iya---

I was doing my piano lessons and I am really not in the mood. I miss the old days. Just me and eomma together bonding. I know I wished that Cassandra will be my sister and I am very happy with that. But still knowing that she is the real daughter of eomma and appa makes me feel like an outsider from the family, like I am out of place. They are the real family and I am just adopted.

She and eomma are bonding right now, well it is alright for me since they need that but, I still feel jealous. Although I am jealous I have no hard feelings towards them, I just have to accept it.

I finished my piano lessons and it was time to go home. I waited for more thirty minutes and they are not yet returning. Tears suddenly fell from my eyes as I sat on the waiting area. This is the very first time that eomma forgot to fetch me on time.

I never felt this lonely before.

---Seungyeon---

While I was on my way back home, I felt my stomach hungry so I decided to visit my favorite Korean restaurant.

When I was about to go inside the restaurant, I noticed a small lonely figure on the other side of the road. She looks so down and it seems like she is crying.

I neared her and as soon as she saw me she wiped her tears and gave me a forced smile. I sat beside her.

Seung: What's wrong? Are you alright? Did someone hurt you?
I was never this worried before.