The Reason

Jeongyeon prepared her papers for her resignation. She can't take it any longer she must do it, for herself.

---Jeongyeon---

I just finished making a hard copy for my resignation. All that is needed is a signature. But Jimin's signature is needed. I don't know if we can see each other again, after what happened last time.

I called halmeoni. After 4 rings she answered.

Halmeo: What is it Jeongie?
Jeong: Halmeoni can we meet up?
Halmeo: Sure Jeongie, where would you like to meet?
Jeong: Here in my office halmeoni is it okay?
Halmeo: Sure, Jeongyeon. I'll go na, Arasseo?
Jeong: Ne halmeoni. Gomawo..

I ended the call.

After an hour she arrived. I hugged her and she did the same.

We sat on the couch and she held my hands.

Halmeo: Jeongyeon you need anything?

I took a deep breath

Jeong: Halmeoni, I am so sorry but, I have to resign. I must...

Halmeoni's face became sad

Halmeo: Wae?

Jeong: Halmeoni, I know you know what happened to Jimin and I last time. And I am very sorry that because of me you never met your great grand daughter...

I looked at the floor.

Halmeo: Jeongie I understand but, why must you resign?

Jeong: I - I can't take it anymore. Jimin and I are both hurt....

She held my face.

Halmeo: If that's your decision, Jeongie.... But I must admit I will be very sad to see you go again....

She started to tear up.

Jeong: Halmeoni, we can still see each other... In Iya's school we can meet there....

She nodded

I sobbed. I feel guilty because I deprived her chance to meet Charlotte. Unnie told me she was saddened when she knew about Charlotte.

Jeong: I am really sorry...

She hugged me and I buried my face on her shoulder. She rubbed my back.

Halmeo: Shhhh, Jeongie stop crying...

I moved back and wiped my tears.

Jeong: I am really sorry I am such a crybaby this past few days....

She brushed my hair. I am really happy that she became part of my life, through her I felt the love of a grandmother.

Jeong: Halmeoni, can I ask a favor?

Halmeo: Sure, what is it?

Jeong: Can you please sign my resignation paper for me?

She shook her head slowly.

Halmeo: I am sorry but, only the Ceo can do that....

I nodded my head.

Jeong: Sure halmeoni....

I offered her lunch for today and we went out.

---Jimin---

I just learned that Jeongyeon is going to resign. She already made the decision. She does not want to fix things with me. She wants to move on from me and all the pain I caused her.

I won't stop her but, still I can't accept the fact that I lost her for the second time. She deserves to be free and I deserve all the pain.

I bought soju and wine for myself and some extra because I want Jin hyung and Jungkook to join me.