Alfred: 08

The past few days have been lonely, empty. Alfred is nowhere to be seen, either hiding in the mansion somewhere. Or maybe he's gone as far to leave this place all together.

Hmph. Who does he think he is, doing what he wants? 

I know he was upset, but to avoid everyone...

It must have been more serious than I thought.

Grabbing a tote off the kitchen counter, I made my way towards the foyer, slipping on my shoes.

It shouldn't be a problem if I slip out for a short while. If I can make Alfred his favorite meal maybe he'll feel better...if he even comes around to eat it, that is.

I closed the door behind me, squinting as a ray of sunshine momentarily blinded me. Being unused to sunlight and the outdoors was something I hadn't expected.

Yes...they made it clear from the beginning that I'm no more than a prisoner. 

I shook my head. 

I'm doing this for Alfred. Maybe then he'll feel better. Maybe enough to where we can be friends again. Or at least not so awkward.

Now, the market should be over this way...

I froze in my tracks, freshly spilled blood on the ground.

Reader: What...?

???: Help!

I whipped my head towards the call. It's coming from the alleyway!

I ran as fast as I could, heart pounding.

???: Someone, please help me!

I rounded the corner, skidding to a halt, panting. Leaning against the wall was a person, head bowed. Their hand covered their stomach, blood flowing freely.

They slowly lifted their head, face pale.

???: You've come to save me...Please help, I've lost a lot of blood...

Were they stabbed? I didn't see a weapon, but the attacker might have held on to it.

I couldn't move, too in shock.

???: Please! Don't let me die.

They begged louder, startling me into motion.

Reader: It'll be okay, I'll help you so just hold on!

I should have my cell phone...ah! My bag, I must have dropped it while running!

???: Thank you.

I turned towards the injured person again, them smiling weakly.

Reader: Don't thank me yet; I haven't done anything.

In a swift motion they grabbed my wrist. Before I could call out they spun me around, slamming me against the brick alley wall so forcefully it knocked my breath away.

???: I've been waiting for a kind soul to rescue me...I've lost too much blood, you see.

I tried regaining my breath but they firmly placed their hand at my throat, just tight enough to dissuade me from moving.

???: You'll help me, right? If I stay like this I'm a goner for sure.

What is going on?!

My eyes flew open wide as they tilted my head back, exposing my neck.

Wait. No. No, no this can't be. This can't be what I think it is!

They licked their lips in anticipation, crazed by the smell of their own blood.

A vampire?! An injured one, at that?

I didn't have time to question, chills racing down my spine as they inhaled deeply, nose gently touching my skin.

Cold...

Without warning they extended their jaw wide, revealing two, long sharp fangs. I clamped my eyes closed tight, pain erupting as they forcefully jammed them into my neck.

I let out a scream, their hand covering my mouth, stifling it.

No...no, this is wrong!

The sound of them swallowing was enough to make me lightheaded. The fanning of their labored breath was disgusting.

This is...vile. This isn't anything like-

Anything like when Alfred drank my blood.

Reader: Mng-!

They shoved their fangs in deeper, slimy tongue roving over my skin, lapping up blood like a hound from hell.

No. No, I HATE THIS.

I can't let them get away with this!

And yet, my vision started to fade, bright spots flashing. My body was heavy yet light, slumping forward.

The vampire removed their hand from my mouth, pressing against my shoulder to keep me upright. Even then I lost strength, nearly limp.

This can't be the end...

This pure EVIL can't be my end. Yet, is this my fate? Ever since I was young my fate seemed to be twisted.

An image flashed across my mind, shining golden hair and blue eyes.

Reader: Alfred...

As I slipped into nothingness, I swore I saw his face. A face full of concern, followed with complete and utter hatred.

-------------------------------------

AlFRED'S MONOLOGUE:

I squeezed as hard as I could, fist shaking as they silently begged for mercy.

???: Let go, Alfred!

Francis appeared beside me, forcing me to let go. The vampire fell to the ground with a wet smack! Lying in a pool of their own blood. No, that wasn't right.

Francis let out a strained sigh.

Francis: Take _ home. I'll deal with this.

He didn't have to tell me twice. Poor, poor _. I gingerly picked up her body, going stiff with rage. She felt as light as a doll; how much did the bastard drink?!

Trying to calm down, I focused on _'s still face. Francis is right--it's not safe for her out here.

Damn!

What was she doing outside in the first place? I carried her as fast as I could, all the way to her bedroom. I gingerly placed her on the bed, head rolling to the side, showing her blood stained neck.

I turned up my nose, wanting to scrub their stench off of her. I sat on the foot of the bed, letting out a sigh.

Why do I feel so, so...guilty?

It's not like I asked her to go outside! We aren't even really soulmates, and yet...

My hands automatically formed into fists at the sight of the large puncture marks. I went to leave but stopped at the sight of tears pooling in her eyes.