Francis: 05

-Reader: POV-

I bolt upright in the bed, letting out a loud gasp. My body is covered in sweat, freezing cold.

I thought I was done having those dreams...

The image of the young boy flashed in my mind. He was never there before. Who was he? I didn't have time to think about it as the door clicked open, nearly jumping out of my skin.

Reader: Francis?

Francis: I heard you from across the hall. Are you alright?

He walked towards me, sitting on the edge of the bed with a look of concern.

Reader: I'm fine, just a nightmare.

Francis: Look at how brave you are, not crying.

It sounded like he was being sarcastic but the look in his eyes was genuine.

Francis: I can always stay here and cuddle.

There he goes again. I felt the desperation creep up, clawing at my chest.

Reader: Do you have to make jokes even now?

He lowered his voice, the flirtatious lilt absent from his words.

Francis: _ I'm being perfectly honest.

In my head I know he's a vampire. I know he'll do anything to get what he wants yet his sincerity seems true. I'd rather not be alone with my thoughts right now.

Reader: A hug might be nice...

He smiled slightly, scooting over on the bed, wrapping his arms around me. My face was gently pressed against his chest, cologne filling my nose. Why does this feel so soothing?

After a long moment he finally pulled away.

Francis: Better?

Reader: Yes, thank you.

Even as I said the words a tear snaked down my face. He effortlessly reached over, brushing it away with his thumb.

Francis: Come now, no crying. You're too good for pitiful tears.

I smiled small, him slowly standing from the bed.

Francis: If you ever need more comforting my door is always open~

He winked, leaving the room. Seeing him as his regular self was reassuring somehow. I knew that everything would be alright.