Kiku: 05

-POV: Reader. Scene: Bedroom-

My eyes snapped open, revealing the white ceiling. No, no, no...I thought I was done having that dream! I sat up, bringing the blanket up to my chin. The room was completely dark, not settling my nerves any. I remembered the boy from the dream, face hidden by a ray of sunlight. Despite not knowing who he was he seemed to calm me down some as if he were a lifelong friend.

Reader: I wish he were here now...

I felt vulnerable, as if there were eyes hidden in the darkness of the room. My mind wandered to Kiku, his scowling face appearing in my mind. Even though he's only been cold towards me I yearned for company-even he was better than nothing.

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed I got to my feet, tiptoeing out into the hallway. The mansion was still in the night, heart beating loudly. I wiped off the sweat from my forehead, hands clammy.

Breathe, _. It's okay.

I came in front of the door, letting out a deep exhale.

KNOCK, KNOCK!

The raps on the door were loud in the slumbering house, echoing down the hall. No response. Perhaps he's deep asleep...

I jumped back as the door clicked open, his red eyes glowing.

Kiku: Huh?

He asked sleepily.

Kiku: What are you doing awake?

He stared at me for a moment, looking over my face. He grabbed me by the wrist, leading me towards the bed.

Reader: Kiku?

He sat me down on the bed, sitting next to me.

Kiku: Just be quiet, okay? Your voice hurts my ears.

Despite the harsh words his tone was warm, speaking in a soft whisper. We sat in the dark together, in the silence. I wasn't sure what to say or if I should-and he certainly seemed to want the quiet. I glanced in his direction, a shard of moonlight slipping through the curtain catching his eyes.

I jumped, fingers twitching as his hand came into contact with mine. It was cool and smooth, lowering until it was resting on top of mine. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, incredibly aware of his closeness.

My eyes widened as his fingers moved, clasping around mine. I hesitated only a brief moment before returning the gesture, fingers intertwined with his.