Arthur: 09

I felt a strange sensation, as though I were floating through the air. Everything around me was dark, too weak to open my eyelids, heavy metal curtains.

???: Idiot! Why would you go alone?

Huh? Was that...Arthur? He sounds incredibly close by. 

The more I focus I realize he's carrying me, strong hands on my back and under my legs.

I feel horrible, body heavier than lead. It's as though the very life of me has been drained, nothing more than a husk.

Arthur: Don't you know I'm...I'm always here for you, love.

I stiffened at the surprisingly gentle words. 

I was slowly being lowered, soft cushion meeting my skin. Droplets rolled down my cheeks from closed eyes, springing forth from deep inside.

Arthur's Monologue

I stared at _, eyes unable to leave the puncture marks on her neck, skin a sickly purple and green around the two holes.

I...I never put her through such pain, did I? In my bloodlust, would I have even noticed?

A terrible feeling welled deep inside me, stomach churning, legs weak.

I sat on the edge of the bed, gazing softly at her face.

I smiled slightly at the memory of her calling out my name, heart beating faster.

What is this mortal woman doing to me?