Ivan: 05

-Reader: Pov-

I awoke with a jolt, panting. Realizing I wasn't in any immediate danger I let out a heavy sigh, closing my eyes.

I haven't had that dream in so long...

I bit my lip. Perhaps some water will help calm me down. I opened my eyes as the door suddenly opened.

Reader: Who's there?!

Ivan: Are you okay, _? I came to check in on you. Were you having a bad dream?

I let out a breath of relief. He nearly gave me a heart attack!

Reader: Uh, yeah. Just a bad dream.

He frowned sadly.

Ivan: I do not like seeing you so upset, _. Come, Ivan will make it all better!~

Reader: Woah!

In a swift moment he had picked me up out of the bed, holding me in his arms.

Ivan: There, there little sunflower.

He started moving, cradling me in his arms as he stood.

I'm not a child!

Or so I wanted to protest, but the words wouldn't come out. Ah, his chest is soft...I held back the slight feeling to laugh. He really is like a giant teddy bear. Ivan truly is so kind to me. He always treats me gently and with care as if he was afraid he'd break me. I had to fight against wanting to stay in his arms forever.

Reader: Thank you, Ivan. I'm feeling better now so you can put me down.

The thought of others seeing me like this made me burn with embarrassment.

Ivan: No.

Reader: N-no?

Ivan: You can go back to bed after a lullaby. That always helps me. Or do you want me to sleep with you?

As docile as he is I couldn't possibly imagine sharing a bed with him!

Reader: A lullaby is fine!

He smiled approvingly.

Ivan: Good.

He began singing in a hushed voice, Russian words strange yet beautiful. His eyes were closed as he sang, gently rocking me along with the song. I had no idea his voice was so beautiful. As he finished the song he opened his eyes, setting me back onto the bed. He pet my head with a caring smile.

Ivan: Goodnight, my sunflower.

------

A/N: I had looked up several Russian lullabies but couldn't find one that had fit. I may include one in the game though. Also Ivan is becoming one of my favorite characters! <3