Feliciano: 07

Francis: I can't believe you're eating that.

I spun around to see Francis enter the kitchen, wearing a frown.

He placed a hand on his hip.

Francis: Cereal, really? We have any food you could desire and yet...

He mocked tears, comfortable playing a dramatic role.

Reader: Well, what do you suggest then?

He clapped, a smile brightening up his face.

Francis: You've come to the right person for help, my rose.

Well, I didn't exactly need his help, but he had a point. Talking with Feliciano made my cereal go soggy anyway.

Francis: Eating a rather late breakfast, aren't you _? Did Feliciano keep you up all night?

Reader: O-of course not!

Francis merely smirked at my reaction.

Francis: It's so easy to get you riled up.

I crossed my arms with a huff.

Reader: If you're just going to tease me I have better things to do.

I walked past him (and his low laughter) beyond the dining room and into the hallway.

Reader: Oh.

I forgot to grab something to eat. I was too preoccupied to remember.

Ivan: Lost in thought, sunflower?

I jumped slightly, Ivan standing a few feet before me.

Reader: Ivan, I didn't hear you.

He smiled.

Ivan: I know. Vampires are especially quiet.

Reader: I see...

From what I could tell he was right, too.

Ivan: Say, where is Feliciano? I thought he would be with you.

Reader: I'm not sure, he left after I ate.

Ivan: Hmmm~

He took a few steps closer.

Ivan: It's a shame you chose him, sunflower. I wish you had chosen me! I'm afraid for you.

Reader: Afraid for me?

I echoed. I instantly remembered the other night, Feli standing in the darkness of the room, air choking.

Ivan: He didn't tell you, did he?

I looked up, surprised.

Reader: Tell me?

What was he supposed to tell me? He has his own personal life, but it's not like he is keeping secrets from me...right? I thought back to when I first came here, seeing a pile of cash on his bed.

Ivan let out a sad shake of his head, polar opposite to his soft smile.

Ivan: Out of everyone here he craves blood the most. Not even as a vampire, but as a creature.

Creature? This is really starting to weird me out.

Reader: What are you talking about?

Ivan: Feliciano has the strongest bloodlust of anyone I know. He yearns for violence and carnage. Maybe that's why his family rejected him.

Reader: That-that can't be true.

While Feliciano had his moments, I couldn't picture him violent. Or rather, I didn't want to.

Ivan: Why not ask him yourself?

I shook my head, taking a step backward but froze as something bumped against my back.

Slowly turning around, I came to face someone, audibly gasping.

Feliciano stood before me, eyes boring into Ivan's with utmost malice. Ivan returned his gaze, smile wider than before. I could nearly feel the murderous energy radiating between them.

Feli slowly looked down at me, not with the same hatred directed at Ivan, but a new kind entirely.

Feliciano: Tsk.

Raising his chin he walked past us down the hallway, until he turned and was out of sight.

...

Somehow I feel as though I've messed up again. Maybe I should go after him, tell him Ivan is talking nonsense. Then again, with Feli as upset as he is, it might not be a good idea to bother him.

Go After Him

Give Him Space

As much as I wanted to reassure Feli I didn't believe a word of it, I doubted my ability to face him. I glanced down, legs trembling slightly. 

Was...I scared of Feli? 

When I looked back up Ivan was nowhere to be seen.