The Fire Lily

Attention readers:

I was not able to import most of my author's notes here because of the different format. If you get confused in the later chapters and are in search of an explanation.

Please visit the story on either fanfiction.net or AO3 to read the author's notes at the end of the chapters. Thank you.

The Sun shined over a calm lake in a secluded forest area somewhere outside the caldera in the Fire Nation Capital.

While a regal young woman sat with her legs folded beneath her as she gazed out across the lakeside.

Azula was staring out over the sunlit lake with callous amber golden eyes.

She was none other than Princess Azula.

The Day of the Black Sun was nearly upon them...it was just two days away.

Soon the rebels would discover just how deadly she could be...even without her bending.

Her eyes narrowed upon the horizon while picking up a small stone before tossing it across the waterside.

Her thoughts drifted to the Fire Nation boy that had just recently spurned her on Ember Island.

Chan.

She destroyed his house in retaliation, but the memory of him rejecting her still infuriated her.

Azula's face entrenched into a furious scowl as she glared out across the once relaxing waters.

"How dare that boy think that he is too good for me." Azula hissed while she threw a flaming pebble across the lake.

It landed in the waters before plunging down below with her blue flames vanishing in an instant.

As she sat there brooding that was when she heard the faintest snapping of a twig that quickly gained her attentions.

"Who is there!?" Azula barked while spinning around with her piercing gaze scanning foliage with evident annoyance in her eyes.

She specifically instructed that she was not to be disturbed!

Her fists lit up with fire as she turned to face the direction of the approaching footsteps.

"If you think that you can spy on me then...think again!" Azula called out while speedily lunging for the bushes.

She leaped at the foliage while swiping at the leaves with meticulous precision.

Any thoughts of being pursued by an assassin or a spy vanished from her mind when a girlish cry echoed into the air.

Azula found herself looming over a young girl that had clumsily fallen upon her backside having just narrowly avoiding her strike.

She glared down at the evident peasant in her ruthless eyes while she briefly scanned her dainty form.

Only for her amber golden eyes to widen in fascination and her lips parted in surprise when she noticed that the peasant girl had exotic golden hair!

In all her life she has never before seen anyone with golden hair!

And that was all it took for her to suddenly find herself gazing down at the golden girl in captivation.

As she found herself unable to take her eyes off the girl and her almost angelic golden hair.

A girl with golden hair!

Her long golden hair flowed down over her shoulders and just above her chest.

The girl had amber eyes...that were pitifully widening in fear.