I don't understand people

I had left Ichigo to his training; I was just a distraction. My emotions are on the edge, having been reminded of my tortured past. I shake my head and continue to make my way back to Ichigo's house. I wasn't going to tell them what he was doing, just that he was fine. I wasn't one to talk to his family. They do know me though, only as my mute self. After walking for a bit, I stand in front of Ichigo's door. I held my breath as I knock, I don't know how this is going to go. After a few seconds, the door opened to reveal Karin.

"Suki? What are you doing here?" I just smile and gesture to see if I could come in. She opens the door wider and allows me in. I hear footsteps running and Yuzu came out around the corner. She looks hopeful until she saw that it was me, then she looks down sadly.

"Oh, it's only you Suki... Welcome..." I felt bad for these girls. They really did love their brother. I sigh and reach out to them both, surprising them.

"It's okay girls. Your brother will be back sooner than you think, okay?" They look shocked after hearing my voice but didn't say anything. I wipe Yuzu's tears and give her a soft smile, making me look more gentle than usual. "This is Ichigo we're talking about. He's going to be fine. Besides, I know where he is, and I've seen him. I'm his best friend remember?"

"Wait! You've seen Ichigo!?" Yuzu smiles in hopefulness. I just give her a closed eyed smile.

"I have, and he'll be home to take care of you guys again soon. You know how he is. That guy doesn't forget those he cares about. He would never just up and leave you guys forever, you mean too much to him, both of you girls." They just smile and it made me feel a little warm inside to know that they won't be as sad anymore.

"What about you?" Karin asks me with a sad look on her face.

"What about me?"

"He would never leave you either. You're his best friend and you even came to make sure his little sisters were all right. You mean a lot to him as well." I just laugh.

"He's got more friends than just me. I'm just the lowly mute friend." I may have fallen for the boy, but he has a lot more to worry about then a freak like me.

"That's not true! You are the only one he really talks about! He may have other friends, but he talks about you the most. You mean a lot to him..." I smile gently at her.

"Well then, how about we keep this between the 3 of us? What if I said he was the most important thing to me? I couldn't leave him if I wanted too. He means a lot to me too. So much so it seems I gained a little crush on him." I sheepishly smile and rub the back of neck. It was kinda embarrassing to admit this to little girls. Nonetheless his little sisters.

"I knew it!" Yuzu exclaims smiling. I just giggle at her excitement.

"You need to keep it between us, okay?" She smiles and shakes her head rapidly. "Good. Now I'm going home, and you girls better be good for your father." They both nod as I sit up. "Goodbye girls!" I wave my hand behind me as I walk out.

"Goodbye!" I smile at their adorableness. They are just so precious. It doesn't take me very long to make it home. The front sounds quiet as I walk in.

'They must be training down below.' I sigh and make my way to my room. After a well needed shower, I change into a different outfit than what I'm used to. I don't know why but the outfit called to me. I don't even know how it's in my closet as I don't wear anything like this. It's a nice white ruffled summer dress that has two blue stripes lining the bottom.

 It's a nice white ruffled summer dress that has two blue stripes lining the bottom