Different side of me

I am passed out in a chair in the room Ichigo is lying in. I am awoken by Tessai when he decides to lay on top of the unconscious man, under the covers. I roll my eyes at the weird man. Standing up, I walk out to get some breakfast. Making toast in the kitchen, I was startled by a scream. I then giggle at Tessai. Ichigo is finally awake.

"Boss! You wanted to know the moment that Ichigo was awake! Well, he's awake!" Kisuke makes his way to the room, me in tow. I stay in the hallway but listen. A commotion is heard from the room then a wince from pain.

"Ichigo, you need to just relax. We were barely able to patch you up. If you move around too much, you'll die." Kisuke makes his entrance with that damned fan and his cane.

"Is that right? So, Mr. Hat'n Clogs, I take it that this is your house?"

"Uh-huh." Is the playful reply.

"Are you the one who saved me, huh?" Kisuke bends down to reply.

"It seems to me by the underlying tone of your voice, maybe you didn't want me to rescue you." I clear my throat in annoyance. A silence falls upon the room.

"Wait, so what happened to Uryu? I remember that he was there with me helping me out. So, is he alive?"

"I treated Uryu at the site but then he went home. He actually did lose a considerable amount of blood, but his wound wasn't as serious as yours. Even if he just had laid there for a couple of days, I don't think he would have died. So, after I cleaned and dressed his wounds, he went home. When he left, he was worried about you."

"Uryu was worried? No way."

"I asked him to consider resting here awhile so that he could regain his strength." Kisuke goes on to tell Ichigo what Uryu had said. "The only one who could save Rukia was you. So, he said."

"Only me?" A sarcastic laugh leaves Ichigo. "What the hell can I do?" His tone changes from sarcastic to angry. "Don't you understand?! Rukia's gone back to the Soul Society. So just how do I go after her, how am I supposed to save her?!" He scoffs. "It can't be done. I can't do it!"

"Do you re-" I cut off Kisuke as I storm in.

"What the hell kinda tone is that?! Huh!? You just gonna sit there and wallow in your own self-pity!? Idiot!" I glare at a wide-eyed Ichigo. "Sit there and cry for all I care." I storm off to the front of the store.

'How dare he say that! What an idiot!' I just glare into the store, hoping he didn't come after me. How can he just give up, just like that? Just because he got beat up. I sigh and run my hands through my hair. Ichigo doesn't give up. Not the Ichigo I know. He protects his friends; he fights for them. He's one of the strongest humans I've met.

The silence is broken as Yoruichi purrs and drags me along, back to the room. I sit outside again listening as she walked in.

"Right now, your weak, and any time a weak person attempts to enter the enemy's den, it's basically suicide. So, you wanna save Rukia? Don't make me laugh. If you get yourself killed there will be no one to blame." Silence falls over the room once again. The sound of movement is heard then comes Kisuke's voice. "The Soul Society has a one month waiting period before and execution. Usually, they respect their own rules. Let's hope that's the case with Rukia's execution."

"Let's hope so?" Ichigo's voice now has a determined tone to it.

'So, he talked some sense in ya?' I think to myself.

"It's altogether different than the way humans do it. So that gives me about ten days to torture you. Then seven days to open the gate to the Soul Society. Then we'll have 13 days after we get there to get the job done. So, we've got lots of time."

"Will I become strong enough? In ten days?"

"Yes, so long as you truly wish to save Rukia for the bottom of your heart. Your will must be stronger than steel. You must abandon any doubts that you have. Ten days. To prepare for a game of life and death."

"Do I have a choice?" A meow is what broke the silence this time. Everyone leaves the room while I stay seated. Kisuke pets my head as he passes.

"Suki? You still there?" I sigh and stand up, walking into the room. I sit down and wait for him to speak. "Why are you here?"

"Kisuke is my guardian. He raised me from a child. I don't know my real parents." Somewhat a lie.

"How do you know about all this?" I give him a look.

"My father knows everything, why wouldn't he tell me?" I look down, waiting for the next question.

"What are you?" I just laugh.

"That's not something that you should know. Go to school tomorrow. Pretend everything is okay. Everything will be explained later." I don't give him a chance to speak as I walk out. I find Kisuke in his room.

"I thought you were leaving?"

"That's why I came here. There's no way I was gonna leave without telling my father goodbye." He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"Are you gonna stay and watch me torture him?" I giggle.

"I might just stay for that. It might be fun?" Our laughter fills the room. Walking out, I make it to my old bedroom. Yoruichi follows me in. I smile and pat my bed. She comes over and cuddles with me.

"You know he will be okay right?" A deep voice comes from the black cat. I nod.

"I know."

"You know he will find out about you?" I sigh and nod again.

"I know..." I pull the covers over us and fall into a gentle sleep.