Regained

"Lesson 2, shatter shafts." Tessai explains to Ichigo.

"May I have your attention please? You have a period of 72 hours at the bottom of shatter shafts Ichigo. That is how long it will take the chain of fate to be completely encroached. By the end of that time, if you have not returned to the top of the shaft as a soul reaper, then we will have no choice Ichigo but to kill you." Kisuke explained the rules and I stood there, waiting for this to start.

"You bastard! So, you intend to kill me?!"

"That's right. I do. Once you've given up." I gave a look to Kisuke, a look of uncertainty.

"He won't become a hollow, will he?" My voice came out small. He turned my way and sighed, sympathy in his eyes.

"That's up to him." I buried my head into my knees.

"I hope he doesn't. I'm the only monster that should be here. He's supposed to be the hero, ain't he?" Kisuke patted my head.

"Let's just see how this turns out." I nodded.

***

After the fifth encroachment, Ichigo tried to run up a vertical wall.

"It makes no sense what he's doing. But he still managing to climb up practically straight wall. For a human, this guy sure takes chances." Jinta commented.

"Huh, you don't say." Kisuke had his fan. The two children were laying on their stomach while Kisuke and I sat normally.

"Idiot." Was Ururu's only comment.

"Hey! Are you getting hungry down their yet?!" Jinta shouted down to Ichigo.

"No, I'm not hungry yet! Besides jerk I'm in my soul form. Why in the hell would I be hungry!?" His tone held annoyance for the child.

"Well, that's great to hear. Cause I'll let you in on a little secret, if you're in soul form and you start to get hungry, it's a dangerous sign. It means you're just one step away from becoming a hollow. It's okay to feel thirsty though. Oh! And if you do get thirsty, go ahead, and drink my spit!"

"Why you little?!"

"Come on Ururu, get over here. You can do it too."

"Okay." Ichigo growled.

"Come down here and try that. You brats! Stop drooling! Cut it out! Stop it or I'll beat the crap out of ya! Hey! I'm not kidding!" Ichigo kept screeching as the kept drooling. I sighed and walked over to the kids.

"Alright you two, that's enough." I slapped both of them on the back of their heads. Jinta turned back and glared.

"What was that for?" I glared and he shrunk back. "Yes ma'am." I nodded in content and walked to the edge of the hole and dangled my legs over the edge.