Something seems different

I stand off to the side quietly, watching Orihime heal Uryu's injuries. Ichigo looks at them, frustrated with himself for his otherworldly actions that he had no conscious of. He must have realized I wasn't near them because he looks up and searches for me, eyes locking in on me.

"Suki?" His voice causes the dam to crack as the waterworks start. My head redirects and my eyes stare at the ground, trying with every force of my body to not cry; I clench my hands and grit my teeth.

"You idiot!" He looks at me surprised at my outburst. I finally raise my head to allow him to see my distress. "Do you know how scared I was!" I raise my hands to my face to cover it and wipe my tears. "I thought I lost you..." My hiccups are all I can hear along with my tears. I don't hear him walking closer until he's right in front of me. His hand reaches out to me but instead I jump into his arms, wrapping my arms and legs around him, holding him as if he was going to disappear. His arms immediately encompass me in a tight hold and his head goes straight to my neck as he caresses my head with one hand while holding me up with the other. My body racks with my sobbing and I feel him trying to calm me down.

"I'm right here." His voice vibrates against my neck, bringing me into more tears as I take in that he's still here. He's right here. He's okay. "I'm sorry I scared you. Suki, I need you to breath for me. Okay?" I nod in response, trying to control my breath. I focus on his heartbeat and try to slow mine down to match his. It takes a minute but I'm finally able to unlatch my arms from his neck. I lean back a bit to look at him, to really look at him. He smiles at me, a soft warm smile and caresses my cheek. "There she is." I grab his hand and hold it against my cheek, his hand grounding me.

"Please don't leave me." My voice comes out small and he leans his forehead against mine, his breath fanning my face.

"I'm not going anywhere. I belong here with you and only you. I will never leave you." My eyes widen at the familiar words.

"You were awake?" He just chuckles at my reaction, amused. Slowly, he lets my legs reach the ground as I get my barings back. He caresses my cheek one more time before looking to Uryu. My arms subconsciously wrap around his torso as he turns slightly, one of his arms still wrapped around my waist as he speaks to Uryu. A distant explosion is heard for miles from below.

"Ichigo, don't worry. Go head, I'll be fine. Down there, there are people waiting for you."

"Are you sure?"

"Get going."

"But you're-"

"You heard me! If there's something you want to say, I can hear it when this is over but right now there's something else you have to do."

"Alright then." Ichigo looks at Orihime from her spot beside Uryu. "Orihime, please take care of him."

"Okay." She nods and smiles at him. "Leave it to me." I don't hesitate to grab Ichigo as he goes to move.

"I'm going with you. You can't stop me." He thinks for a second, as if he was going to argue but stops himself and nods with a smile at me.

"Okay then. Let's go." I take off after him to one of the craters that allow us to go under the canopy we are in. Not remembering how far up we really are, it takes us a second to get closer to the ground but it's growing near with our speed. Getting closer, we notice Rukia is pain while screaming as she falls through the air to the ground, Ichigo speeds up to make it in time. He catches Rukia but the landing causes an immense explosion, causing a dust cloud.

"That was boring. It wasn't a bit satisfying. Now let's see, guess I'll go kill that guy who defeated Ulquiorra." Yammy says, full of himself, I might add.