Feelings

School was the same. Nothing really has changed other than Rukia being here.

Yeah right

We are called into the office because of the idiocy of Rukia and Ichigo on that damn show. We are getting scolded. I glare at coach.

"OUTRAGEOUS! DON'T YOU SEE THE DAMAGE YOU KIDS HAVE DONE?" I switch my glare to Ichigo. He notices and flinches, looking away. "This ridiculous show was broadcast on national television yesterday. Just look." He turns the remote to the tv showing Ichigo and Rukia getting attacked by security. "With two of our students there for all the world to see. Rukia and Ichigo, this is very serious. Never in the history of this school had any student dishonor this institution by committing an act of civil disobedience!" He grabs Ichigo by the collar of his shirt. Tatsuki cuts him off by telling him she wasn't a part of this. He continues to shout about them being there. I sigh and cross my arms, waiting for this to be over. The two girls leave and Keigo tried to leave only to be grabbed by the back of his collar. Again, more scolding.

Rukia, being the actor she is, starts to cry and pretty much throws Ichigo under the bus. We take it as a good time to sneak out the window. We are gone before the coach knew it. We all get away safe and catch back up with Rukia.

"Way to go Rukia! Your performance got us off scott free with no detention." Keigo is praising her after we gather back together as a group. Rukia dramatically puts her hand to her cheek.

"Oh, you guys, it was nothing, really" Ichigo scowls down at her.

"What are you talking about? She was trying to sell me up the river."

"You gotta admit that her phony crying covered your get away. You oughta be thanking her." Tatsuki scolds him for his words.

"Actually, I kinda enjoyed putting on the big act and fooling Mr. Kagine so no thanks necessary but you have to know I would never sell out a good friend like Ichigo." Ichigo scowls and growls. The talking was cut off by Rukia's soul pager. Of course she drags Ichigo off. As they are running off Keigo makes a comment.

"Well, that's weird. Huh?"

"I never noticed before but," Orihime is the one to speak.

"Hm?"

"Those two seem to like each other, don't they?" I grit my teeth, listening to that shit. We start walking off.

"Naw, you're imagining things. Ichigo might like Rukia but there's no way she'd like him." I finally have enough and stop. Chad happens to stop as well, looking off in the distance. I pause and look up to where he was looking. It is a student in one of the upper classrooms. I shake my head and walk away.

Making my way back to class, the scores are up, and Ichigo's friends were gathered around it. Tatsuki is praising Orihime for getting 3rd in the class. I look up to see I was 2nd.

"This sucks. Orihime has both brains and boobs. It's just not fair." I close my eyes.

'It's called studying. Maybe you should try it.' My eyes open as my spikey-headed friend spoke. Keigo starts to throw shade at us girls for good grades. Not knowing that Ichigo and Chad both are in the top 50. Mizurio points Ichigo out.

"WHAAAAA! ICHIGO IS RANKED NUMBER 23!?" He looks at him crying. "You cheater! There's no way you could have possibly scored that high!" Ichigo deadpans.

"Shut up Keigo. I score high on tests because I study for them. Maybe you should try it sometime. Thanks, by the way for helping me Suki." I nod in reply. We actually stayed up late to make sure he understood everything.

"Ah-ha! So that's what you were doing all those nights!? When I was asking you to come and hang out! You always said you were too busy, but the truth is you were studying like a total nerd. And not only that! You stole Suki!" I sigh at Keigo's antics. He continues to tease Ichigo.

"It is really a surprise to learn that you study." Mizurio states.

"My hair gives me enough abuse I'm not gonna be an academical loser on top of it. Beside Suki would kill me if I was a failure. All her hard work would be for nothing." I nod at that. I will kill him for it. I would like to graduate with my friend. Keigo is serious for a second, but it didn't last. He sticks his tongue out and slaps his butt. Then he runs back to Chad, to which Chad points out that he got 11th. Then both Keigo and Mizurio run off. I roll my eyes at them.

'What babies?' I watch them disappear into the hallway.

"Oh well, they'll be back." Tatsuki states as Ichigo scratches the back of his head.

"Well, it's lucky for him that one of us isn't in the number one spot." I slap his shoulder and scowl. He cringes and looks up to where my spot lied. "Oh sorry. Guess there's a reason I got so high. My best friend is a genius." He wraps his arms around me and spins me around. For once, I let out a smile. He drops me and looks up to see the top person. Messing up his name a few times, Orihime helps him. She mentions that he was in our class. He freezes and sweat drops. I almost laugh. Tatsuki saves him.

"You'll find that Ichigo has an uncanny knack for forgetting people's faces and the names that go with them. Come on." She drags Orihime off. Ichigo starts thinking too hard. I just sigh and poke him in the forehead before following after the girls. Entering the classroom, I gather my stuff. Orihime steps up to me and looks troubled.

"Hey Suki. I'm sorry for what I said about Rukia and Ichigo. I know how close you are with him." I shrug it off. Whoever Ichigo likes or dates is none of my business. I just hope it isn't true, I don't trust her. I walk out and walk home. Entering my house, I sit my stuff on the counter. I go to change my clothes for workout clothes. Grabbing my keys, I head to Kisuke's.

"Welcome home Suki!" I nod in reply to the pervy old man. I step up to him and grab his cloak.

"Come on let's go. Time to train." He just laughs and lets me drag him downstairs. Over the night, I practice my hand-to-hand combat. The stronger I am, means I don't have to use my powers or my sword.

Hours go by and Kisuke and I are sweating. I breath heavily as I wipe sweat off my forehead.

"Alright that's enough. Get some rest. We are gonna have a guest soon." I look at him confused.

"Are you talking about all the hollow disappearances?" He nods. "Who do you think it is?" He shakes his head.

"I don't know but I'm sure Rukia will come talk to me." I growl at her name. He sighs. "She really isn't that bad you know." I give him a look. "I know she is one of them, but she had nothing to do with what happened to you." I sigh.

"I know she didn't but she's gonna get me killed and not even know it. It's bad enough I have to take pills to hide my spirit energy. I can't even hide my bones with something other than clothes. One little slip up from me and not only would she report me to the Soul Society, but she would also try to kill me as well! I'm exactly what they hunt every single day. How can I not hate her?" He just shakes his head.

"I will never let anything happen to you. You are my child, and I will protect you with my life. You know that." I nod and break down and go to hug the only father figure I have ever had.

"I know you won't but that doesn't make me any less scared." He just sighs and hugs me back.

'I don't wanna die yet....'