2

Sen's house was not either too small or too big. It was just the ground floor with parking area and some space for the flowering plants and leafy vegetables grown by Archana. The house had three bedrooms with attached bathrooms, along with kitchen, hall and small temple where holy shrines were placed for worshipping. After the warning he gave to Archana, he drowned himself into reading his daily newspaper, Archana was preparing breakfast and lunch for the young couple and their daughter. Aditya was in the bathroom taking shower. The water running down wetting his hairs and rolled down his naked body. His eyes were closed. His muscles were stiff, as he clenched his hands on the rod which was fixed on the wall in his front. Though he was just 36 years, he was tall and handsome. He was every girl's dream boy during his teenage and even after being an adult, the girls drooled over him and tried hitting on him. To their dismay, he always denied them with his twisted words.

On the other hand, seated on the bed, Naina was holding her daughter in her arms who was now sniffing. Once Nia stopped crying, Naina broke the hug to look at her tears stained face.

"Nia? What's the matter, my child? Why were you crying?" She asked softly, wiping her tears from her cheeks.

Still sniffing and wiping her tears with her sleeves, she got down from her mother's lap and walked towards the table where her school bag was placed. Sliding the zip to open the bag, she took out her drawing book and walked back to her mother. Naina thought that she has not done her colouring homework which was assigned yesterday from her school. opening the book, she turned pages after pages until the page where yesterday's date was written to only see that she has completed it. Then why was she crying. Naina looked at her confused.

"Nia, I don't understand still why you were crying. You have done all your homeworks, colouring too. Then why?" She asked again.

Nia took the book her mother's hold and opened the same page which her mother checked just a minute ago and showed her.

Looking at her mother, tears welled up again. Naina could see the fear in her eyes. Sobbing, she said "Mumma, mam will scold me."

"Why will she scold you Nia, you have coloured so nicely."

"But mom, I coloured the sky pink."

Naina just stared the little girl in front of her.

"Mumma, mam had said that sky will be blue only. But Mumma, I see the sky in pink so I coloured the sky pink.

Mumma, all will laugh at me and mam will scold me"

"No, Nia. No one will laugh at you or scold you. You can colour the sky any colour you want."

"But mumma-"

"Now, stop crying first. Listen to me, okay?" Nia nodded her head up and down.

"Everyone has their own sky, Nia. If you think your sky is pink, then it is pink only. No one can change that for you. Always follow what you believe is true. Understood?" Naina asked, holding Nia's cheeks in her hands.

Nia nodded and smiled in response. She stopped crying and she was happy that she can colour her sky all with pink and no one will stop her just like her mother said.

"Now, go get ready we have to go to school! Go, fast, fast!" Naina started tickling her and Nia escaped and ran into the bathroom to get ready for her school. And so did Naina, she Also went to her room to get ready for her work.

There she saw Aditya standing in front of the mirror completely dressed in dark blue shirt, black pant and black tie. He was combing his hairs. When he sensed the gaze, he looked at her in the mirror. Shifting her gaze at her closet and marched towards it. She took out clothes and made her way into the bathroom to get ready, while he observed each and every movement of hers. His eyes showed emotions of being hurt. Looking dejected, he grabbed his bag walked out of the room and seated himself on the dining chair for breakfast.