82

"Mumma!"

Early in the morning a loud excited voice which belonged to a little girl who was looking for her mother everywhere as she ran from one room to another.

"What is it Nia? Why are you shouting?"

Naina who had woken up late, was adjusting her hairs as she walked out of the room hearing her daughter's voice.

The moment she stepped into the hall, she heard a loud blasting sound making her heart almost jump out of its cage.

Startled, Naina placed her hand over her chest and breathed. Her gaze wandered around the hall which was decorated and many colour and shiny papers showered over her head.

"Happy anniversary!"

Naina stared at her in-laws and her daughter who had wide smile on their faces waiting for her to react.

"Mom? Dad?"

Naina hadn't expected for this surprise early in the morning. Surely, she remembered that it was her's and Aditya's anniversary. But then the last year they had not celebrated, as she was still sad. She thought that they would not celebrate this year too. But to her surprise, they did which overwhelmed her.

"Thank you so much, mom. Dad. You both are the best!"

Naina hugged them not about able to thank enough for the things they do for.

"Happy anniversary Mumma!"

Nia hugged Naina making her to turn around and kneel on the floor and hugged her daughter tightly.

"Thank you so much, my dearest bachcha!"

While hugging Nia, Naina remembered Aditya's words which he had spoken to get in the past.

'I would never make you forget our anniversary'

He had whispered in her ears. Remembering, she felt sad in absence of him and she missed him so much. But he was not here.

Seeing how the smile faded on Naina's face, Archana placed her hand on Naina's head and spoke.

"You are missing him? What can we do now that he's not here. Even we miss him so much"

"Naina, common cut this cake! So what if he's not here? It's his punishment that he missed the chance to celebrate. Let him return, I will scold and twist his ears in such a way that he would never think of leaving you again!"

Everyone laughed, as Pratap lightened up the mood. Naina nodded her head and she cut the cake along with Nia who was now nine years old.

After the cake was cut, Naina fed them and then she was blessed and was given gifts by her in-laws and Nia had made a drawing for her which was so special to her.

As it was Saturday, Nia still had school and Naina had to drop her since Aditya was not here.

Saying, she sent Nia to her room get ready for school as she herself got ready and then later she dropped Nia to her school.

On her way back to home, she recollected how everything was changing but the love and care for Aditya never changed and it was same case with Aditya too. He pampered her like a small child and now she was too much dependent on him that even the three days of separation felt like three years for her.

We often hear that people saying that it is never too late to start right from the scratch even though knowing very well that it is not possible everytime. Some are really lucky to have the new beginning of their life, as not everyone get the opportunity to start over.