34

"Nia, you are going to come along with me or even today you are going with your papa?" Naina asked as she zipped her bag once she had kept her lunch box and water bottle inside it.

Swallowing the small morsel of food, little Nia looked at her mother nervously as her mother seemed to be behaving very differently than a week before she was. Even the littlest things got on her nerves and snap at her while she hadn't spoken a word to Aditya since that night. It's been almost one week since that night and today was again the end of the week, Saturday.

Both Archana and Pratap had noticed this sudden change in both of them the very moment they arrived on the next day in the evening. Though the couple had spent most days of their life with silence, but the silence this time they carried was way different than before.

They could feel the coldness they carried around along with them. They didn't meet eachother's eyes nor try to talk with eachother. Not even a single word was shared between them. This really worried both Archana and Pratap as they kept on thinking what had happened that night or the next day before their return.

When Nia couldn't answer to what her mother asked, Naina looked at her who was looking back at her with face that she carried of not knowing exactly what to say, as she wanted to go along with both of them together, just like they were going before that night. She liked how they were going together even if it were only her to talk till her school arrived. Perhaps she had expected too much too soon.

"Well then, your father will be dropping off to your school." Naina leaned over her to lay a kiss on her forehead and said softly as she and Nia looked at Aditya making his way towards the table for breakfast. Her voice just loud enough for him and Nia's grandparents to hear. With saying that, she walked out of the house and with her bags hung on her shoulder. Once she was done with her bags properly hung on the holder hook, Kick-starting the engine, she rode off to her school.

Naina had got her Scooter repair the very next day. Infact it was the first thing she did on the early morning of the sunday, calling the mechanic and ordered him to strictly repair it withing hours of time. The poor boy scared, he ran to her house within half an hour and repaired it as soon as he can and delivered it back to her home the very same day as she was a very weirdest woman he had come across. As naive and innocent she looked or sounded, she wasn't always so. At times, her choice of words with seething anger could make anyone tremble.

Once Naina was gone, Archana placed her hand on Aditya's shoulder and asked worriedly, "Adi, did something happen between you both? Did you two fight again? Or was it that night...? What happened, son?"

"Mom just what you wanted, we talked, okay?" He said with the great difficulty in showing the annoyance and anger while his daughter was right in front of him.

"But-" as she started to say, he cut her off after a few seconds of silence.

"I might have said something that I shouldn't have and never meant to." He said looking at her as his face looked dull with the lack of sleep from the past few days.

Knowing that the matter was going to have serious conversation, Pratap took Nia along with him with the excuse of her not wearing her shoes yet as it was already time.

Taking a seat next to her son, she sighed as he dropped the spoon on his plate which made clinking sound.

"I shouldn't have said that to her, mom. But I still did. I - I- just don't know" she heard him speak softly as he was trying really hard to suppress his tears.

"Adi, what did you tell her?"

"I- I- told her that, what if it, only what if it were her in Komal's pla-"