3

As time passed, it was four o'clock in the evening.After Archana was done with the housework, she was busy in weaving a muffler for her granddaughter and Pratap had gone to pick up their granddaughter from the school. At the same time, Naina who was getting ready to go back home was stopped by none other than her colleague Arthi. Arthi was a free spirited, open minded and a bit crazy person. She was of same age as Naina. A bit taller than her, tan skinned, shoulder length hairs, black eyes with the neverending smile on her face. If Naina was being called weird, then she even more weirder. Not in the same way though. Her class was always lively and fun. The children loved her so much that other teachers were not so happy with that. But then Naina was also one of the favourite teachers of students. Though Arthi couldn't become her best friend, she was the only person who talked with Naina without feeling awkward. As everyone knew that Naina wasn't much of a welcoming person. But Arthi was totally different. She didn't pay heed to any rumours. Because she knew Naina wasn't someone who would hurt anyone. It's just that she was a difficult person according to her.

"Hey! Naina, ready to leave?" She asked while signing the attendance register. Naina was waiting for her chance to sign.

"Yes" she replied.

"Well, how are going? I mean you had told that your Scooty had gone nuts!" Arthi spoke making no sense and then laughed at her own choice of words hoping to lighten up the air. But seeing Naina nonresponsive, she spoke again.

"I mean, that it has to be sent to garage right? You said it wasn't starting, so?"

"Yes. It is not starting.

And it is still not sent to garage." Naina sighed. She usually travelled by her Scooty. It was her who used to drop Nia everyday. But since the day her Scooty stopped working, with no choice she had to take lift from Aditya. More like she was forced to take lift from him. But one thing she couldn't understand that, why hasn't she given her Scooty for repairing yet? She had the number in her contact list. She could have called them and they would have picked it up, repair it and drop it off to her home. It was as simple as that. But she didn't.

Little did she knew that the reason behind her not starting her Scooty was none other than her husband, Aditya. Having enough of her ignorance, it was the only way for him be near her. The ride from her home to school was almost fourty minutes. These fourty minutes were precious for him. He could observe her. He could hear her voice which wasn't forced while talking to Nia. He could see how beautiful she looked everyday without any makeup. It's been a week since he had been dropping her off to school. But while going back to home, she would take a cab.

"Mind if I give you a lift?" Arthi asked, hoping Naina wouldn't deny her.

"Why, Arthi? Why are you doing this?" Without looking at her, Naina signed the register and walked out of the school building along with Arthi tagging behind her.

"What am I doing? I am just asking you wether I can drop you off or not" she said seeming innocent. They both were out of school premises, where the vehicles of the staff were parked.

Naina knew that Arthi was a good person. She was no harm to her. But this sudden affection was not something she was used to it from years.

"Don't look at me so innocently. The whole school knows me as stone hearted person. And never speak without having profession related topics. Then why are you so persistent about talking with me?

You greet me in the mornings, afternoons and evenings.

Each and everyday.

Even if I don't respond to you.

Why?

Don't you feel being mad at me for not responding back to you that you keep on doing the same thing everyday?" Deranged, Naina asked her.