48

It has been more than twenty minutes since Aditya started to drive and Naina was already started to feel her eyes drooping. Controlling herself, she sat straight in her seat and put on the radio.

As soon as she pressed the button, the song which was playing was some loud rock kind of songs. So she turned into next channel to hear item songs playing and in another channel, it was playing some song which was not clearly audible.

Annoyed, she turned off the radio and sighed. She shifted her gaze to look at Aditya who had his gaze fixed on the road while driving. Feeling her gaze, he glanced at her.

"What happened?"

"Just tell me what kind of place is this Heeraftpur?"

"Heeraftpur?

Oh you will love that place!" Aditya said excitedly and continued further to tell more about the place they were going to.

"It is actually a kind of village yet you will find many facilities. Though, Rathore's live in Mumbai, they have a special attachment to that place. As it is where Rathore uncle met his love of his life and married her in the same resort where we are going.

That resort is actually a traditional mansion. I have heard from mom that it has history, actually a love story."

Hearing this, Naina's intereste piqued for more information about Heeraftpur. She listened keenly as he continued to speak about the story he had listened from Archana.

"Actually, they say that there were two people who loved eachother. Irrecoverably. Heer and Raftar, so they named the village after them. But the king had also taken a liking to the girl and kept her in his fort, forcibly while he imprisoned the boy she loved. On one fateful night, the girl had tried to rescue the boy and both run away from the village. But that didn't happen as the king found out about her plan of escape. The king tried to win the girl's heart but nothing could change her feelings for the boy she had and then one day, she died after drinking the poison she had managed to get from one of the servents. The minute she died, the boy had also breathed his last breath. They couldn't live together, but they did die together.

They say that, one cannot separate the soulmates even if God wishes to, they unite somehow. Living or dead."

He finished saying, as he finally glanced at her to see the lone tear rolling down from her eyes.

'she's crying?' he asked himself.

He hadn't expected her to cry. Indeed, she was an emotional person. He thought.

Wiping the tear, she asked in low voice.

"What happened to the king?"

"Well, he died from being lonely after few days."

"How long has it been since this happened?"

"I don't know exactly, maybe around more than two hundred years?"

"Two hundred?"

"Yes.... That's what mom said."

"...."

"They are in happy place, together." He said smiling at her as if that is what she wanted to hear. Naina smiled back at him, after hearing him say that.

"And, my uncle? He has things for photography! That's why he had gone to that place and while he fell in love with the view, he also fell in love the woman there, who is now my aunt"

"Wow"

"You will be even more surprised to hear that his mother hadn't allowed in the beginning but eventually she started liking my aunt and granted permission for their wedding."