87

Aditya stood still, holding Naina in his arms letting her take his support as he felt that Naina would break down any moment as he had realised what exactly she was going to speak about.

Aditya felt her taking deep breaths and clutching onto his arms tightly, leaning back on his naked chest. Naina didn't realise when he had managed to remove his shirt, which didn't matter anymore because she felt secure and loved in his arms.

"I was very small Aditya and a four to five years old child wouldn't understand anything.

My sister was left to stay along with my maternal grandmother while I lived with my parents.

My father, he used to be on tour more often because of the work field he was in.

And when I saw my mother crying, I was scared to even get near her. T-the way she was c-crying and say-ing things which didn't make any sense.

But then, all I remember was seeing crowd in my house and trying to console my mother and I was sent to one of the neighbours home.

And I don't remember much what happened after that. Because, everything was back to normal like nothing ever happened and sometimes I would ask myself whether I was dreaming or was that real.

Both, my mother and father did care for me. I remember, though my mother used to be often lost in her own thoughts that she wouldn't respond to me much.

Then years later, we shifted to Bangalore. I was happy because I would finally be able to live with my sister, also I was happy because our whole family resided in Bangalore. But whatever I thought would happen, never happened and instead my life took a turn which I had never ever expected in my entire life.

In the initial few months, I thought it would take little more time to get adjusted or to know and understand my sister. But as time passed, it was not only difficult to understand my sister but also my parents.

My sister was a person who wasn't completely selfish but she wasn't either selfless. I thought I would get a friend in the name of sister, but I found her to be the stranger rather than being an elder sister.

She minded her own business and I was left alone and she was a pro in anything and everything she tried to do it. Whereas I, I was far from being good in everything.

I accept that I was not good in studies compared to her, but I neither stopped trying. Was that not enough for my parents that they compared me with each and everyone?

And when I asked for help, none of them did. Despite that, I didn't give up. Was that not important that I was trying really hard to please them?"

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she recollected how not only her parents, but each and everyone did the same thing. They praised her sister while they pushed aside Naina making her completely out of the frame.

Somewhere, she was even fine with the happenings. But when she was being neglected to the extent that it killed the child in her, Naina didn't knew what to do or to whom to go to.

"My father, he had started to become angrier day by day. Not that he ever bet any of us or he hurt physically or he went into the wrong path. Somewhere I understood the reason behind his rude and aggressive behaviour to be the stress in his work field and his own health was deteriorating and somewhere he was worried about my mother too.

We could neither laugh or cry and whenever I and my sister tried to speak and which involved a little bit of laughter or teasing? He would shout at us and mostly me.

I didn't understand why was I being behaved harshly? But when mother's health was being dropped every now and then, she was admitted in hospital twice a year or sometimes thrice a year.