83

"What nonsense are you speaking? How can you say that you don't know?"

The man in thirties, wearing white crisp shirt and black pant, asked angrily glaring at the man who was in his mid twenties who looked utterly nervous hearing the person roar as if it would be the last day of him being alive.

"I am sorry, Aditya sir"

"What the heck do you mean by 'I am sorry' Huh? I trusted you for this work even though everyone warned me saying that it was a wrong decision. And when I gave you a simple and smallest task of all, you are telling me you don't know how you lost the file? Are you serious?"

The man in twenties shivered at the sudden raise in his voice and hung his head down. Aditya, ran his fingers through his hairs in frustration as he looked at the dark sky out of the window. He was ready to leave for the airport, when he got a call by his junior colleague saying that the file which was presented by him in the meeting and had to send it to the clients, was now nowhere to found because there junior colleague lost the pendrive itself.
Aditya was supposed to send it to the clients and after rechecking, the decision would be taken whether to finalise the deal or not. Now when the file was not there, what was he supposed to send them? He groaned in frustration, as he really wanted to be somewhere else.

Having no other option, he sat the whole night, he prepared the file again and there were lot of changes compared to the previous one and in this situation, he had to present this to the clients and explain them all over again.

When the next morning arrived, Aditya woke up suddenly with loud sound of knocking the hotel door. Groaning, he made his way to the door and opened to his junior who looked back at him guiltily.

"Sir..... The meeting is in half an hour"

The very next second, he was greeted with the door shutting down on his face.

In exact half an hour, Aditya was standing in the meeting room where everyone had gathered. As he started, his mobile constantly rang which was disturbing his meeting as he recieved many stares. He quickly excused himself from the meeting and licked up the call.

"I in meeting right now, so can you just stop calling me?"

Saying, hang up the call even before the person on the other side could speak and he resumed the meeting which took place for more than two hours. By the time it ended, it was already noon. It took lot of efforts to convince the clients to go with the new changes compared to previous once. But in the end, Aditya managed to convince them somehow.

The second everyone left the meeting, the first thing Aditya did was to send the file immediately to his email as well as saved in his laptop before he passed the pendrive to the man who stood beside him.

Aditya gulped down the water from the glass that was placed on the table as he hadn't had his breakfast, he was really hungry. Aditya and his junior, left the meeting room and made their way back to his room where Aditya ordered the food for himself, by letting him know that he didn't wanted to see him for a while.

Once he reached the room, where he sat waiting for the food to arrive, he scrolled through his mobile. As he saw the multiple missed calls from none other than his wife, Naina. He groaned in realisation.

It was their anniversary today and he hadn't spoken to her since two days because of this meeting for which he had come to Mumbai. He regretted the words he spoke to her during the meeting and now he just didn't feel right to sort it out in mobile. He knew that he has screwed up and he has to go home as soon as possible.

He missed her so much. All he wanted was to be with her and hold her in his arms. He tried to book the tickets back to his city but to his dismay, all the tickets were booked. There was one flight which was in the night, around eight o' clock. He felt so helpless.