21

At the dawn the blaring sound of the alarm clock which stopped just after a few seconds of it ringing, woke the man up who had his back towards Naina but he chose to stay in the bed with his eyes closed. When he felt Naina getting up from the bed and walking into the bathroom, Aditya opened his eyes lying in the same position. The events of last night flashed across his mind.

They both were seated on the sofa near the balcony of the room. There was a comfortable silence between them which Aditya didn't mind as she didn't avoid him like all these years she's been doing. He remembered how cute she looked while eating the chocolate with smearing it on her lips. The Naina he knew a little bit from the past was still there inside her which she's been hiding. A smile crept on his face thinking how nice he actually felt just sitting in a silence. After she had finished eating, they headed to sleep. That is it. The moment was small but he would cherish it till the end of his life.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, he closed his eyes and laid still as if he were in a deep slumber. After a few minutes of her walking out of the room and closing the door behind her, he opened his eyes again and turned straight to look at the white ceiling above him.

It has been like this from past three years now. Everyday even before the sunrise, Naina would wake up, freshen up and wear her track suit, make herself a cup of coffee and then go for a run without missing a single day. It was like her each day depended on her routine of running.

If Naina's way to get relieved from her thoughts and past memories by running, then Aditya's was to workout. Every single day he would wake up to the sound of the alarm which rings only for a few seconds and sometimes he would wake up to the sounds made by Naina while getting ready, who actually thought was not making any sound to disturb his sleep or thought that he was a deep sleeper. All thanks to her being clumsy! Which he didn't mind. He enjoyed seeing her cute expressions at those moments.

Aditya was a very light sleeper. He wasn't always like this. But since Komal's death, and him getting married to Naina, everything changed.

So when everyday after Naina leaves for running, he would
freshen himself and starts working out. In the beginning, he started with simple exercises and then with the complex ones. And now he does it regularly just like how Naina runs regularly without a miss.

Working out for him was one of the way to take out all the anger, pain and the grief he had it in him from all the suffering. From his wife's death to marrying Naina and afterdays till now, all he did was store all emotions inside him which were struggling to emerge out. He had to do something. So working out was the option for him just like how running was for Naina. But then, he thought that both him and Naina were doing the same. She was running from her past while he was waiting for his present.

Naina was completely unaware of this and he had decided to keep it that way. Two things it helped him with. One, he would feel less stressful and calm. Two, his body was completely transformed from being lean to a healthy and strong muscular body which he always hid under those fabrics.

He would always complete his workout before her return and rush himself to have a shower. Sometimes, he would just wash his face and drink coffee or would play with Nia when she comes to him just after she wakes up and then go for getting ready at the time when Naina would return.

Today, when Naina had walked into their room, she found him infront of the mirror all dressed up in his formal wear. He stood there tall, combing his hairs while whistling a tune. He seemed like he was in a good mood today.

She couldn't help but notice him. He looked fresh like he had shower just now. His hairs, still wet through which he ran his hands making it look a bit messy yet neatly done.