17

Once he was out of the cafe, his gaze fell on the person who stood beside him.

"What do you think you were doing inside?" He heard her ask.

Sliding his fingers inside the pockets of jean, he turned completely to face her. With a smile on his face, he answered.

"I was reminding my wife about where actually we should have been?" It sounded more like a question.

Naina opened her mouth to speak back only to close back and hear him.

"Oh of course, you must have thought that I would force you to come outside in the public place to get kicked out. So that you can run away again like you do everytime, right?" He stepped closer to her while she stood in her spot without moving. Again when she tried to speak, he butted in.

"Oh no, Plan floped! Right?" He asked mocking at her.

Now he was so close to her that Naina could feel his breath fanning on her face. His hands raised up to hold her by her shoulders.

"You can't always run away Naina. You cannot. Where will go running when at the end of the day, you will have to be next to me. Huh?"

Releasing herself from his grip, she walked towards his parked car and tried to open the door. How could she open it when it was locked? Aditya chuckled seeing at her. She never failed to amuse him. Neither in their past nor now.

He made his way towards his car and leaned to see her struggling to open the car. When he laughed at her, she glared at him.

"Open the door" she hissed at him.

Raising his hand up as if surrendering, he unlocked the door and sat in driver's seat while she sat next to him. After settling, he started the engine and drove away from the cafe.

When Naina saw that they were in completely opposite direction of their home, she asked.

"Why aren't we going home? Where are you-"

"As I said, we are going to talk"

"Yes, and that we can do at home also"

"No we cannot."

"But, Nia-"

"I have already informed mom that we both will be late and you don't have to worry too much about Nia, mom will take care of her" he said leaving her no excuses to go back home.

Finally when Aditya stopped the car, Naina noticed that they were very far away from the local area. Very far that there was not a single living soul could be seen. Just the few feets and there was the end of the cliff. She started panicking and looked at Aditya who got out of the place as if he were familiar to this place. Gulping, she too hot out of the car and looked around as the place was getting darker and darker with the setting of sun.

"Why are we in such a place? We could have gone somewhere else." She stuttered

Hearing how scared she was to be here in this abandoned place which he has been visiting for days now. He always wanted to share this place with her, but here she stood all scared. Suddenly an idea flashed across his mind.

"That's because no one will find about what I am going to do with you" he said surrounding around her.

"What?" She asked with her squeaky voice

"Why do you think I brought you here? I worked very hard to find such a place where no one else comes and goes" he whispered in her ears standing behind her.

Now she had started to sweat and took a step away from him as it was creeping her.

"What nonsense are you speaking? Let's go out of this place'' she said looking at him and started walking towards the car to be only held by him.

'Why does he always has to stop me by holding my hand?' she asked herself.

"Oh, no. How can we go when I had planned things for you. After all I have to push you down through this cliff!" He whispered in her ear pulling her near to him that her back was touching his front.

Hearing him, she really had started to shiver and was scared for her life for the very first time. Just when she was about to run away, she heard a loud laughter.

Turning around, she looked at him who was laughing like there was no end to it.

"Sorry, hahahaha. Seeing you already scared, I couldn't stop myself."

"Oh my god! You should have seen your face, hahahaha"

He pranked her!

"Do you really think it is funny, Mr. Aditya Sen, Huh? Ha ha ha! But guess what? It was definitely not funny. And why can't everyone be serious about anything?" She lashed out at him.

"Exactly my point Mrs. Naina Aditya Sen, exactly. Why can't we be serious about our relation? What are we doing? Why are we like this? Why do you keep running away from me? Everytime? Why?"

When he saw her not responding, he laughed running his fingers through his hairs.

"You have nothing to say now, hmm? Everytime I ask, you keep quite. So this is it?"

"Speak up, Naina! I never wanted us to husband and wife, I accept that. But I never imagined us not being friends at least for the for the sake of old times. Is it to difficult for you live without ignoring me? What crime have I done to receive such treatment from you? Don't stand silently Naina! I want answers for all my questions. For God sake Naina, speak up!" Holding her shoulders, she shook her and released her.

"Answers, answers, answers! I am fed up of finding them! For which questions do you need answers, Huh? Let's start from the beginning.

Why did I marry you?
Oh let me guess, I was forced to.

Why am I treating you like you don't exist?
Well you treated me like I was some small child not capable of being married to anyone, aren't I right?

Okay, this might not even the real reason for me to behave like this, but one thing. One thing, that is you are Komal's husband!"

She screamed loudly at him, for which he screamed at her.

"And she's not there anymore, Naina. It's hurts for me to say that she's dead. Dead"

"Yes, she's dead and haunting me everytime I see you." She shouted top of her lungs.

Hearing this, Aditya stood still and shocked.

"Why am I being haunted when it's your wife. You should be the one to be haunted." She broke out into tears and started sobbing.

Now she was sitting down, hugging her knees and crying. Seeing her, he too sat next to her. He had never seen her cry before. Well not really in front of him, though she did hiding away from him.

"She haunts me. Do you think I haven't tried to have a normal conversation at least? I tried. But whenever I see you, or I come near you, I see her too." She said in between her sobs.

"What are you talking about?" Not understanding, he asked her.

"Not the kind of ghost haunting. But the kind of haunting that wouldn't let me live without feeling guilty."

"Guilty? For what?"

________

Hello everyone!
Hope you liked the chapter!
Don't forget to comment and vote
Thank you :)

Edited - 16 June 2021