13

As it was nearing to midnight , the darkness filled in Sen's house indicated that they all have retreated to their respective rooms. It has been more than half an hour after the talk they had.

After having the talk, Aditya with Pratap and Naina with Archana, both Aditya and Naina could not sleep. as they both knew that their adults were right and they had to do something or the other. As deeply they were thinking, they both were wide awake staring at the white ceiling above them. They had been silent till now. The only sound could be heard was of soft blowing wind and the ticking of time.

As the night passed by, the dawn was nearing when Naina had eyes half close and half open. The whole night, she hadn't slept even for a minute. Whole night the chapters of her life kept on flashing which made her unable to sleep. Wiping the tears from her eyes which were about to roll down, she sighed.

Looking out through the window, she saw it was dark. But the chirping of birds told her that it was early morning. Waking up she took the alarm clock and saw it thirty eight minutes past five. Still more minutes, the alarm would ring making that blaring sound.

Why wait until the alarm rings when she was already awake, she thought and turned off the alarm. Then she got down the bed and freshened herself and then wore her regular jogging outfit. When she was done with pleating her hairs, she looked her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes had turned slightly red due to lack of sleep with the dark circles formed around her eyes. Then her gaze shifted to her husband who was sleeping. The last night's conversations which they had, reminded her that she a day's time to think through it.

Sighing, she made her way to kitchen. Today, instead of making a coffee which she drank regularly, she just drank water and left for jogging or to be exact for running, just like every other day with earplugs in her ears that connected her mobile. As the beats of the music increased, there was an adrenaline rush to run even faster.

When she returned home, she saw that she had come early as there was still fifteen minutes or so for the clock to strike seven. While she entered, she saw Archana in the kitchen and Pratap doing yoga in the balcony which was attached to backside corner of the hall.

"Good morning, mom" she greeted Archana while making her way to fridge.

"Good morning, Naina" Archana said as she strained the decoction with a smile lingering on her face and continued to say.

"You returned early today."

"Yes, mom. I did. Has your monster woken up or not yet?" Just when Naina asked, a small figurine with the duet covered all around her, a yawn escaped from her mouth gaining their attention.

"Take a look at this, you took the name of the devil and the devil appeared right before us." Archana chuckled.

"Good morning!" There she stood, covering herself with the duet and her hairs left open and messy. Small bangs of hairs fell on her forehead. And smiled widely with a toothy grin. Their littlest bundle of joy, Nia.

The day was nothing different than other days, except that Naina had to think about her, Aditya and Nia and take up the decision. Just like every other day, they three had left and Aditya after dropping both Naina and Nia made his way to his office. As he had told her that he would give a day's time, he gave her all the space and time she needed. The time had passed in Jiffy. It was already time for Naina to leave for home. Throughout the day, she had been distracted every now then while teaching. If here Naina couldn't focus, there Aditya couldn't either.

The last night when Naina and his mother had left to check up on Nia, his father had spoken to him about their relation. Those words kept on replaying in his mind that he found himself distracted. Now that the time was almost nearing for him leave the office, he had gone to canteen and bought a cup of coffee for himself and seated nearby the window table.

As he saw the view outside the window, he remembered the talk he had with his father.

'Aditya, as you are already aware what exactly I am going to speak about, still I ask you to listen to it and think about it thoroughly. I will get straight to the point.

I know we forced you to marry her. But wasn't that a good decision for our Nia? She's been a great mother to her. There's no doubt on that. And so have you been, a great father.

But is it all that is you want? Just being a parent? What about your life? Do you want to live like this for your entire life? Is this how our family will be?

They say that, children learn and pick up things from their elders. Is this what you want Nia learn? To know, that you and Naina are just two strangers even after marrying? Is this type of environment you will provide for her to grow?

Even if it's not about Nia, what about your happiness? What about Naina's happiness? Don't you both deserve to live happily?

How long will this go on? I know you both are adults and are very capable of taking decisions. I am leaving everything in your hands to decide whether you want to live happily together or let the darkness consume our life?

But always remember whatever decision you make, think whether it is worthy or not.'

His father was right. Both Naina and he, deserved a life where they could be happy. But how was this even possible, when she didn't even wanted to be with him at all. He had somewhere thought that, she liked him. The moments they had in the school, maybe they were childish for him. But for her? He wasn't sure. From the day Komal died, he didn't know how to move on. Whether he should be happy or cry at their fate. He had wished to be with Naina the moment he realised his feelings. But now? He didn't know what to feel anymore, when she was right there as his wife.

He had slowly started to observe her. The way she looked, the way she held her face straight without showing any emotions, the way she looked when she was lost in her own thoughts forgetting her surroundings or the feeling of her states which lasted only for couple of seconds.

One thing was sure to him that she's been through something that she's been hiding deep inside her heart and build an imaginary wall around it for no one to enter into her heart. Then there were her black eyes. The same eyes which made him feel like there was a pull of magnet whenever he looked into them. They were as if screaming to be looked deep into her, the person she had hid herself deep within and wanting to free her.

As he was drifted back to those five years of his life which included Naina in it, he felt a light tap on his shoulder.

He turned to see a man younger than him, who was none other than the person who worked in this canteen he was sitting.

"Sir, it's time to close. All the office staff are ready to leave." He said.

Aditya nodded his head, in a way telling the person that he would leave too who then went back to resume his work.

Seeing the empty cup of coffee in his hand and then outside, he saw that the it was already dusk. The sky had turned somewhat orange and pink with slightly black colour. He hadn't gone to Naina's school today. Because it would seem like pressuring her to take up the decision soon when he has given her the time of whole day.

Sighing, he grabbed his bag and walked out of the building and got inside his. Starting the engine, he drove off to home.

When he reached home, the time was around a few minutes past six. He had arrived early just like before he used to.

He didn't had to ring the bell as the door was wide open for him to enter. And once he did taking a few steps towards the voices he could hear which was filled with laughter and joy.

When he took still more steps towards the source of the voices, his eyes widened with the scene he witnessed. He stood astounded by whatever was happening in front of him which he never ever expected in his life.

________

Small chapter, but hopefully good one!
Thank you for reading.
What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Have any guesses? Drop your feedbacks in comment box and please do not forget to vote!

:)

Edited - 16 June 2021