23

Aditya having his bag hung over his shoulder, walked through the reception and then pressed the elevator button. In a few seconds, with the sound of ding the elevator door opened for him to enter inside. He stepped in to the elevator and just as the door was about to close, he heard a voice shouting out loudly.

"Hey, stop the elevator!"

Hearing this Aditya stopped the elevator door from closing. When the door opened completely, it revealed one of his colleagues standing outside the elevator breathing heavily.

"Thanks, man." He said, getting inside for which Aditya only smiled.

As they both reached third floor, they parted their ways to their seats. As the time ticked to sharp nine, a man in a suit who looked in his late fifties walked out of his cabin gaining everyone's attention.

Once he made of everyone were present, he looked around sharply at everyone who stood in silence.

"Product development department, meeting in ten minutes" that was all he spoke and stormed back to his cabin along with his P.A tagging behind him.

The day has just begun and everyone were already groaning to be in a meeting. Unlike everyone, Aditya was calm but he was wrecking from inside.

Hoping everything is alright, he sighed and walked towards the meeting room along with the others.

After they all had settled, their boss entered and sat on his chair. The meeting went on and on about how their newest product development outline had many flaws and had them ordered to make new outline and work from the scratch. Hearing this, they all sulked. On the product which had been working was gone in the thrash and now they were supposed to do it all over again.

Once the meeting was over, they all walked out and got back to their work. Aditya too was sulking knowing that he had to work full day.

The day was supposed to be smooth according to him. But he had messed up by telling Naina that he would pick her up. He had actually forgot that it was Saturday. Only if he knew.

' How do I go and pick her up now?' he asked himself.

' You told her so boldly that you would pick her up, now how will leave when you have pile of work to finish? Damnit!' he cursed himself in his mind.

When everyone were busy working, he had been thinking about how to ask for a half day's leave as the boss was already in bad mood since the meeting.

He somehow started his work though every now and then he was thinking of whether to ask for leave or call Naina and tell that he wasn't coming to pick her up.

And so the day continued with him being half concentrated and half distracted. He looked at the clock as the time was ticking to twelve.

After so much of battling with his heart and brain, he finally decided to take a half day's leave. So now he was on his way to boss's cabin.

Reaching the cabin, he knocked softly twice waiting for the response from his boss to call him inside.

"Yes, come in"

Hearing his voice, Aditya entered and saw that he was busy with his gaze fixed on the screen in front of him and typing with his fingers swiftly which moved across the keyboard. Seeing that it was already twelve now, he wished him "Good afternoon, sir"

"Good afternoon. What is it, Aditya?" He asked without even looking at him

"Sir actually I... Umm I would request you to grant half day's leave today."

As soon as he heard Aditya, he stopped typing and looked at him as if Aditya had grown two horns on his head. He looked like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"What? What did you say?"

"Sir, I want half day's leave. It would be nice if you grant the permission."

It was natural for his boss to react this way because Aditya was different than the others. He had always been to himself not interfering in others'matters or taking part in any gossips. He was a workaholic. Since past few days, he has been finishing his work early and leaving the office even before it's time to leave.

He was already suspicious of his behaviour as to what suddenly happened that he was taking a leave today.

Clearing his throat, he straightened himself and asked. "Is everything alright, Mr. Sen?"

"Yes, sir. Why do you ask?"

"No, actually don't mind me saying. It's so seldom to see you take leave that too all of a sudden."

"Oh, everything's alright sir. We just have somewhere out to go"

"We?" He asked as if too eager about wanting to know with whom was he going 'out'.

' seriously, now do I need to give all the details to this old man?'

"My family" he said narrowing his eyes at him instead of saying 'my wife'.

"Ah.... Okay. Very well then. You may leave once the time is thirty minutes past twelve." Relaxing himself, his boss said.

"Thank you, sir" saying, Aditya walked out of his cabin. Once he was out, he thought about his boss's weird behaviour and then just shrugged off thinking he had to leave.

He sat in his chair and waited for the time to run fast so he could leave.

"Heard you are leaving now?" The man next to him asked.

"Yes, I am" Aditya answered coolly.

He was so eager to leave that he even kept an alarm so that he could leave right away.

"Beep beep beep" upon hearing the sound instead of stopping the alarm, he took his bag and left.

"Woah, easy there man" the man who earlier asked spoke which left unheard by him. walking past through everyone, Aditya settled himself in the car and drove off to pick up Naina.

He didn't wanted to miss her. He wondered wether she would wait for him or runaway like everytime she did. What if she ignored him just like everytime she did? What if she had already left from school?

Thinking of so many possibilities, on seeing the blue name board of her school he stopped his car right opposite side of the school from where he could see all the children coming out of the school. After a few minutes or so, the teachers had started making their way out of the school. Amongst the crowd, his eyes searched only for the woman with black eyes and copper mixed black hairs.

______

Okay, so I have thought through this thoroughly and came to decide that you won't be responding to my stories, just read like a greedy ones hunger for more chapters!

So from now on, I will be updating whenever I feel like updating as none of you are actually interested in my story. It wouldn't make any difference wether I update the next chapter today or tomorrow or next week or even next month!

So instead of forcing myself to write an update for you everyday, I would take my sweet time and write whenever I want and update whenever I want. I might have typed many chapters, but then I will update it whenever I feel like doing it.

So if you want a regular update, you all need to motivate me for doing so. You already know how. I want your comments on every single chapter. A honest one please. And votes for all the chapters!

I am not forcing you to do it. You can do it only if you want a regular update. Or else enjoy waiting for it till God knows how long it might take time for me to just click on PUBLISH!

You need to do something to get something! Vote and comment, you will get regular chapters!

Thank you :)

Dated : 20 May, 2020

Edited - 16 June 2021