64

Naina then walked along with Aditya towards the group of men and women. All she could see around was colourful lights and people dressed up with glittery clothes. Especially, women who wore revealing clothes. To say they were surely suit and saree but it was way far from anything similar to that. It was only her who was covered from neck to toe and she preferred dressing this way.

"Hey, look who's here? Aditya and his wife!"

One of his colleagues saw them nearing and motioned everyone to look at them. Aditya greeted them with 'hello' and then pulled Naina closer to him and smiled.

"Guys, meet my wife. Mrs. Naina Aditya Sen"

She was overwhelmed by hearing her name again and again from him. She was sure that she could never get bored to hear her full name from him.

"Naina these all are my colleagues and their spouses"

The women greeted with 'hello' and 'nice to meet you' and men too but when one of them had forwarded their hands to shake, Naina's grip on Aditya's tightened. She wasn't aware of it. It was just all of a sudden that she had not expected.

Sensing her uncomfortableness, Aditya placed his hand on the man's hand and shook his hand, not letting go of Naina. What others thought was Aditya was the one who was not letting go of her hand and smirked at him.

"So protective huh?"

Soon they all seated themselves on the chairs around the big dining table that was arranged and were being served. Naina looked at the time, it was already ten in the night.

"Bhabhiji, really you are beautiful. No wonder, why he doesn't go anywhere leaving you and neither does he complain anything about you."

Hearing this, one of the women asked.

"So, that means you all complain about your wives?"

Glaring at her husband, who gulped down the water and glared at the culprit behind this.

"Arey no, no. What I mean is we compliment our wives. But Aditya, he doesn't mention anything about her. That's why we all were just curious"

"Yeah, and more over, Naina you don't miss to check up on him during lunch time. You never miss to call him."

She heard one of them say as she began to eat the food that was served.

She stopped chewing and looked at Aditya.

'call him?'

'check up on him?'

'during lunch time?'

She stared at him questioningly.

Smiling nervously, neared to her ears and she felt him breathing.

"It was Rajesh. But they think it was you"

Her eyes widened at the revelation. It was Rajesh who called him everyday and his colleagues thought that it was her who was calling him, when she didn't bother to call him even once.

As they continued to eat, Naina heard them complimenting her dress and how simple she had dressed but that only highlighted her natural beauty. And all she could say was 'Thank you'.

"Hey, Aditya!"

Everyone heard a female voice, a few feet away from them. She was none other than one of his colleagues who was always touchy when it came to him. Just hearing her voice, Aditya cursed mentally.

Nearing, she was almost about to hug him when she tripped but managed to not fall. Naina looked at her appearance. She had her hairs curly and her face was plastered with layers of make up and the dress she was wearing, could hardly need known as dress because for Naina, it felt like the girl had rolled herself in a piece of cloth.