58

Naina and Aditya arrived home very late at night. They already had their dinner on their way in a restaurant. By the time Naina changed into her night clothes, Aditya was already fast asleep on their bed. He was tired from all the driving he did.

Looking at him, his words echoed in her ears which made her to smile at him and also recollecting the moments they shared in the mansion. She was willing to do anything and everything for him.

Nearing him, she covered him with the duvet and switched off the light. Then she came to her side of the bed and lying, she covered herself with her own duvet.

She tossed and turned as the time continued to tick. But sleep was far from her eyes. She turned to her left side to see Aditya sleeping.

She thought of waking him up but then she thought that it wouldn't be right to disturb his sleep. She turned her body to right side and looked through the glass window.

As she stared, she thought that eventually she would fall asleep but that didn't happen. She again turned to look at him facing his back to her and woke up and sat leaning onto the bed post.

She slowly opened her purse that was on the bedstand and took out small glassed bottle which had many white tablets in them.

She stared at it for the longest time contemplating whether to take the sleeping pills or not. It wasn't that she was addicted to them, but there were days that she just couldn't sleep at all.

Though she hasn't taken them in last eight months, she still didn't wanted to take them. But also, she didn't wanted to stay awake with so many thoughts clouding her head that would start aching her head and those aches were unbearable for her.

Sighing, she slowly got down the bed and walked to his side of bedstand where the water jug and glass was placed.

She slowly poured the water in the glass and just when she was about to take the glass and move back to her place, she felt a hand on her's which made her to drop the bottle of sleeping pills.

Aditya woke up and switched on the light. He was surely asleep but the way she was turning and tossing, had really woken him up and he saw her through the semi darkness, walking up to his side.

He surely would have let her be, if he hadn't noticed some bottle in her hand. Holding her hand, he got up to sit.

Naina looked at him, feared and nervous. He had no idea of those pills and this is not how she wanted him to know. She was sure that he had noticed it. She didn't wanted to lie him. She couldn't.

She stared at him, thinking that he would shout at her or redicule at her or at least say something like he hadn't expected this.

"I-I..." She stammered but no words came out.

He moved a bit to his right, making enough space for a person to sleep and stared back at her.

"Drink the water...."

"Aditya, I -"

"Naina, we will talk about this tomorrow. Just drink the water and come here."

He said in his coarse voice.

"...."

"Rule number two, you will be sleeping in my arms from this very moment"

"What?" She gasped, dumbstruck at his words.

Surely they had hugged many times now and they slept together once in the mansion. But that was when she was crying and couldn't help herself.

But now, did she hear him clearly?