46

"Excuse me, Give me a bottle of water"

Naina breathed heavily as she made her stop at the shop nearby the park to where she runs every morning. Paying the money for the water bottle, Naina grabbed the bottle from the shopkeeper and walked away with good distance from the shop. Opening the lid, she splashed water on her sweaty face.

Naina felt refreshing as the cold water hit her face. Disposing the empty bottle in the bin, she wiped the water droplets from her face by the sleeves of her back hand. Her eyes wandered around, to see the sun was yet to rise. The time was almost nearing to six.

After what Aditya had said and left her in the hall, all by herself, Naina couldn't sleep as tried to process the words he had uttered. He had literally expressed his wish for her to wear his t-shirts. She had only wore it because she was drunk and it was there out, laid on the sofa. Even though, she loved the feel of his t-shirts, she didn't wanted to accept them or lead him to have any expectations. She would have been happy, if it were everything to be normal between them. And what they both shared, was way too far from normal.

It was already nearing to five, when Aditya had walked into his room, and laid on the bed to only fall asleep within few minutes, Naina was wide awake. She got herself ready in her track suit, locking the door and plugging earplugs, she started to run.

Sighing, she started making her way back to home. Reaching home, she neared to the doorstep and unlocked the door and after entering inside, she locked it again and made her way towards her room to only stop dead frozen in her tracks with her eyes widened.

Since it was past six, Naina had expected Aditya to be sleeping and not even in her dreams she imagined him to be like the way he was right now in front of her. Aditya was shirtless and only in night pant, doing pushups. His face, facing towards the balcony and he had no clue about her return.

Standing rooted to the spot, Naina observed his each and every movement, his tightening and loosening of muscles. His veins popping out from the side of his neck. She was sure with what she was seeing, he has well defined manly chest.

She has been seeing him every single day but never ever has she seen him bare, with only in his night pant. In all these years, it's the first she is seeing him like this, working out without covering his upper body. As if feeling the stare, Aditya stopped in middle of his workout and standing on his feet, he turned to see, Naina standing in the doorstep of their room.

She was in her regular track suit, her hairs pleated and sweat beads rolling down from her forehead. Her eyes, gazing at him, more like staring at his bare upper body. The minute, Naina's eyes met his, she could feel her throat drying up and her knees feeling weak like any more minute of being under his gaze or seeing at his naked chest, her knees would give up on standing.

Realising, Aditya had no shirt on him, even then he had not bothered to cover himself. Instead, he took his steps towards her, to only widen her already widened eyes. She could not either look away from him or meet his gaze. It was a torcher for Naina to stand in his gaze for so long when she is getting a view of his naked chest with the sweat beads rolling down all the way from his forehead to neck and then to his chiseled chest and then to his flat stomach and finally absorbing it by the waistband of his night pant. Her eyes, lowered and fixed on her feet.

"Naina" she heard him call her softly.

Raising her eyes up, she saw him standing close to her with a distance of two feet. Even then she could feel the amount of heat radiating from his body. In front of his tall stature, towering her, she looked small.

Her breathes quickened up as he neared to her even more and when Naina tried to turn away from him and walk away, she felt him grabbing her hand and turned her to face him. As he pulled her, her hands held onto his shoulders clutching tightly as if her life depended on them.