43

Aditya didn't wait a minute over there and pushed Naina inside the car a bit rashly and getting inside, he drove off to their home. For Naina who was half sober and half drunk, she knew that Aditya was taking her home and everything else around her went in blur. As they reached home, Aditya getting out, he walked towards the other side of the car and opened the door for Naina.

Trying to take out the seat belt after so many times, and yet again not able to open it, seeing her Aditya leaned into her and opened it in just a flick. And when he was about to straighten himself, his eyes were met up with Naina's black eyes.

The same eyes which caused havoc in him and calms down all at the sametime. The same eyes which portraits as to be an ignorant to everything and everyone and at the sametime, shows pools of emotions waving in them. The same eyes which begs him not to leave her side and at the sametime, screams to leave her alone. By every passing day, he started to feel that magnetic pull, loosing himself in her deep gaze.

Right now, these eyes were looking back at him with such innocence and fragility like a child that knows nothing and did nothing. He could feel feel her breath fanning on his neck while his hands still holding the seat belt.

The woman beside him was driving him crazy. It was now that he realised how much of jealous he was on seeing her with that man again and again and the fear of losing her again after all these years, just made him go nuts and get only angrier.

At himself.

'How could I not realise it sooner?'

'How could I not tell her?'

'How could I just make her suffer?'

'How would he gain her trust back?'

'How?'

These were questions he kept asking himself for which he had no answers. Braking the trance, he straightened himself and held the door open for her to come out.

Taking the support of the open door, she got out of the car. As she took a step forward by herself, she almost tripped and held onto the door again helping herself from falling. When she did try to walk again, she stumbled and this time, there was no door for her to hold onto but it was Aditya who caught her on impulse even before she could fall.

Muttering some incoherent words under his breath, having no other option, he lifted her up placing his one arm below her calves and another on her waist for which Naina protested.

"L-leave m-me"

"I c-can waalk by my-myself"

But he behaved as if he hadn't heard her and marched towards the doorstep and stood staring in front of it. He looked back at Naina who was tipsy in his arms trying to beat him with her small fists for releasing her and then looked at the door, thinking how was he going to open the door.

Placing her on her feet, he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Don't you dare try to move from here."

He said pointing his finger at her as if ordering a child who is notorious for Naina pouted.

Taking the keys from his pocket, he unlocked the door and switched on the light. Then he turned to look at the place where Naina was supposed to be standing like a obedient child, instead there was no one there.

Looking around, he spotted her near the hibiscus plants which Archana had planted. It was still small and yet to grow, so Naina was sitting on her knees and caressing the leaves.

On nearing her, he heard her speaking faintly as if she were talking to a baby who is asleep and if she were to raise her voice even a little, someone would wake up or rather the plants would wake up.