67

Rain was something Naina had always loved and all she could do was just sit in her room and watch it rain from her closed window. She wasn't allowed to do things like, getting drenched in the rain. Disheartened, she used to just watch through her window wishing and hoping that one day, one day she would get to drench herself in the rain and for once forget everything that bothered her and become a carefree person. But that didn't happen in years and after marriage, she had forgotten her desires.

But today it seemed like, it rained only for her. Where there was no one to stop her. Neither her parents nor herself. Edith reach and every drop that hit her skin, she felt like all her pain and agony were being washed away. She felt light-hearted and ecstatic.

Twirling around like a child, she suddenly stopped when her gaze fell on the man standing leaning onto the car with his hands in his pockets. He was drenched from head to toe yet he was standing there unfazed. His wet hairs were pushed back with his fingers that ran through them. Like her's his face had water droplets that rolled all the way down absorbing by his shirt.

She could see his brown eyes fixed on her and he didn't even try to hide the fact that he had been looking at her since the beginning. She felt like being pulled towards him just from his gaze and that pull was so strong that she couldn't help but take her feet towards where he was standing.

They both had forgotten that just a while ago, they were bickering about silly things and now they were gazing at eachother. Seeing her nearing to him, Aditya straightened himself. Naina stopped when there was distance of two feet between them and looked down at her feet as she felt shy and embarrassed by what she just did a while ago in front of him.

She didn't thought that she would do that, like a child who had never seen reason. But it was partly true. She had never seen it raining while standing in the rain.

She even hesitated to look at him now, thinking what would he have thought about her after seeing her like that. She could hear her heart thumping loudly. They stood like that, staring at eachother and shyly averting their gazes and then meeting their gazes again.

It hadn't stopped raining even for a second and now there were gush of winds blowing which hit them.

"Ahh..."

Naina held her hand over her right eye as she felt something prickling and stinging in her eye.

Hearing her painful yelp, Aditya neared to her and worry he held her by her shoulder.

"My eyes...."

Naina cried with finding difficulty in opening her eye.

"Hush, just wait a minute. Don't rub. It will sting even more"

Hearing his soft voice, she held onto his blazer tightly as tears flowed from her eyes.

Aditya held her face and leaned over her. He then slowly opened her right eye lid with his hands and slowly bowed on her eye. With her left eye being perfectly fine, she could see his features more closer than she ever thought she could.

Naina hissed feeling the cold air hitting her stinging eye.

"Are you alright?"

She could hear the concern in his voice. She nodded her head but she knew she was not fine!

Not fine when he was this close to her.

Him blowing air on her eye, his breath fanning her skin, him standing so close as to almost touching their front. She could smell his cologne even more clearly, now that they were all alone.

She could see his Adam's apple moving up and down. She could see his perfect jaws that were just an inch away from her face. He gaze fell on his neck, the same area where she had kissed him, unintentionally.