66

"I am mean?"

Aditya heard her ask. He hadn't meant for her to hear but it was already too late to regret the words he said it loud.

"Did I say that? I think your ears are ringing"

He said looking at her innocently.

"Yes, you are so right. I think my ears were ringing even when she answered to the questions correctly right?"

He could hear the sarcasm in each of her words. He knew, she was talking about Monica. It wasn't his fault that she answered most of the questions correctly. Naina stopped the car aside on her left side of the road and refused to meet his eyes.

"You answered most of them correctly"

He pointed out the fact with the ice-cream spoon in his hand waving.

"That's not the point!"

"Then what is the point?"

"The point is how did she get to know and why the hell were you being close with her?"

"What nonsense are you talking Naina? I was not getting close to her, it was her-"

He asked hesitantly.

"Yes, her! Why was she doing that?"

Looking at Naina who was huffing with her hands folded on her chest.

Leaning closer to her, with the smirk plastered on his face, he asked.

"Why are you jealous?"

Hearing his deep voice, she felt her heart palpitating and her eyes looking anywhere but him. She started to feel hot all of a sudden from his closeness.

Gulping her saliva, she thought for a minute.

'Jealous? And I? Am I really?'

"W-What should I be je-alous of and w-why should I-I be even jealous?"

She cursed herself for stammering and looked away.

"That you should be known of, since you are so good at pointing out the facts don't you think, hmm?"

Taking a deep breath, she turned to her left side to have his face right in front of her's. Her breath hitched and she felt that she would one day die from forgetting to breath when he was this close.

Looking right into his brown eyes, he said.

"It doesn't matter whether I am jealous or not, what matters is what was going on there and how she knows the answer to those questions."

Saying, within a blink of an eye, she opened her seat belt and got out of the car and slammed the door rashly. Upon seeing them close to eachother, she had felt fear on her heart. Fear of loosing him. Even though she knew that would never happen but she just couldn't stand the idea of seeing him with another girl all over again. She had suffered for years by seeing her cousin and him together that she almost felt like someone was squeezing her heart to death.

There was this unreadable emotions on her face that Aditya couldn't understand but he only knew that she was bothered by the fact of him being seen along with another girl, which alone confirmed him that she just didn't cared for him, she also had feelings for him that were yet to reach the surface.

If he would push her more to know, he feared that she would shun herself and her feelings for him again. Sighing, he placed the ice-cream on the dashboard and got out of the car and closed the door.

"Naina, Where are you going? Stop right there!"

He shouted as he saw her walking.

"Away from you! Seems like you really enjoyed being with her"