31

One hour ago,

The table near the window which was occupied by Sen's family, was filled with delicious Chinese and North Indian dishes. Little Nia enjoyed as she licked her small fingers. Though she made mess around herself while eating, Naina managed to help her with eating while she herself ate the roti and the curry they had ordered. She wasn't much fan of outside food, as she liked mostly the homemade food. Aditya on the other hand ate without wanting to delay their stay here as he was aware by the stares he was getting by his parents and not only he was being stared but also Naina which obviously meant they had planned something even before arriving to this place. But since half an hour had past there was nothing odd by which he could find anything suspicious about them except them staring every now and then.

Just when Aditya thought maybe this is all they had been wanting and nothing else and started to eat from his plate sighing, he heard a loud cheerful voice calling out his father's name.

"Pratap?!"

The voice belonged to the man who was around the same age as Pratap and a bit fat, his black hairs mixed with grey ones, dressed in white, brown and black plaid shirt with black trousers. Along with him, a woman around the age of mid fifties in a red and green churidar with her hairs braided straight. The couple carried a bright smile on their faces as they approached the Sen family.

"Mr. And Mrs. Diwakar? What a pleasant surprise!" Pratap stood up to greet the man with a warm hug and so did Archana hugged the woman, as they neared them.

"Yes, it has been so many months since we last met. How are you?" Mrs. Pramila Diwakar said looking at Archana still holding her both hands in her's. She didn't stop there, instead continued as her gaze fell on the younger couple and little Nia who's eyes lit with happiness as she saw her favourite 'aam wali' aunty!

"Ah... There you are, my dearest doe, Nia!" Pramila forwarded and took Nia into her arms and Nia wound her arms around her neck tightly.

"aam wali aunty!" Nia couldn't stop but grin widely and hug her tightly. Pramila was the only person whom Nia loved after her parents and grandparents. She had spent quite some time with her at Diwakar's during festive seasons and vacations. Pramila would spoil her even more than Pratap and Archana with all the delicacies she knows to cook. Nia often called her as 'aam waali' aunty since she was even smaller than her age as she couldn't pronounce her name and also because she used to give her favourite mangoes which means 'aam' in Hindi language.

They all laughed at her still calling Pramila 'aam waali' aunty. Naina and Aditya stood up as they greeted the Diwakar's.

"Haye, Both of you are looking exactly like Ram and Sita. I pray that no one's evil eye should befall on you both." Pramila said caressing their cheeks lovingly at which Naina only smiled and Aditya was side hugged by Mr. Sanjay Diwakar.

Naina never understood why the people often blessed the couple or even said as being just like the holy couple Ram and Sita when all their life were filled with miseries and separation? At times, she agreed with them. Even though Naina and Aditya were together they lived the life of separation with their own cup of miseries filled.

"We are having a small get together in the top floor of this same hotel, few people from our health club are going be there. I thought you were also going to be there, but I see you already have planned out for tonight, huhm?" Sanjay said eyeing at the table filled with food.

"Get-together? Oh, yes, yes. I actually forgot about it... the effect of old age... Ha-ha." Pratap said scratching his neck as he remembered this get-together plan which he forgot to mention.

"Well, no worries... You can still come and join. We ourselves have just arrived. So I guess it's not too late by the way." Pramila said placing her hand on Archana's shoulder while her another hand still held Nia in her arms lifting up.