24

In the second floor of the white tail building, amongst one of the many classrooms, Naina was solving a sum on the green board with an explanation. As she was explaining, the students listened to her very attentively. But on hearing the loud sound of school bell, they were all distracted with the excitement that caused in them knowing that it was time to go home. Seeing them, she only smiled mentally but she had to portray herself strong in front of them.

"Okay class, we will be stopping right here.

But... But I want all of you to try continue this sum further and find the correct answer by Monday!" Naina said as she placed both her hands on the table in her front and leaned a little.

Hearing her, the whole class groaned internally but what she said next surprised them.

"And Those who will get the correct answer will get a treat from me"

"Really, mam? What will we get?"A girl who had worn spectacle stood up and asked with her eyes shining with glee.

"Umm.... Let's say that it's a surprise, alright?"

"Yes ma'am! They shouted cheerfully.

Seeing their happy faces at the end of the class, she smiled and gathered her things and walked out of the classroom. Bribing to make them do the work was not something Naina always supported. And she never needed to bribe her students as they all did the work she assigned them, few would even at least attempt to solve it even if they would not get the answer correctly. But at times like this, where they had already given loads of assignments to do she had to bribe them with rewards. It had been four months the last time she had bribed them to do the homework. And they all loved her way of giving treats, so that was the reason they were looking up for it so eagerly and would do anything she would say.

On reaching the staffroom, she realised it was actually time to leave which reminded her of Aditya's words.

'Don't runaway. I will pick you up' the words kept on repeating in her head.

She wondered how would he come to pick her up when it was Saturday? He had full day to work. How would he leave his work and come to pick her up in they middle of the day? Will he even come in the first place?

Walking towards her table, she picked up all her things and kept inside her bag and zipped it. Then she sat on her chair and grabbed her water bottle which was placed on the table. Opening it's lid, she drank water. As she gulped down finishing half of it, her gaze fell on Arthi who entered the room just now.

Seeing her, she thought about what Arthi had told her in the morning. 'It's a date'

Then huffed mentally. 'What was with everyone telling me something in the morning that I keep ponder over and over now?'

'Was it really a date?' she asked herself. A part of her wished it were to be a date. But it wasn't and she knew it very well. There could nothing happen between them. Not then, not now and not in the coming future. Thinking, she shook her head.

"Hey, Naina!" Arthi chirped like a early bird while here she was sitting all exhausted.

"Hey...."

"Finally it's weekend!" She exclaimed showing how relieved she was and all she wanted was to go home.

"It is" Naina nodded her head.

Still sipping water, Naina looked at her and then a long bell was heard which indicated that it was time to leave. But they had to wait for all the students to leave first and only then teachers were allowed to leave. On hearing the bell, all the students had made their way out of their classrooms. Some getting inside the bus, some were picked up by their parents and some walked to their home.