We were all helpless.

    Especially Xen's brother.

    The mercenary repositioned himself on Xen's right side and latched onto his forearm. With a flex of strength, he then pushed Xen's hand into the gloss-finished table, until the pain forced Xen to sprawl his palm on its topside. Once it was flattened out; with Xen's fingers separated; the mercenary looked to the holotron. With widened eyes, The Pink Witch beamed, and instructed the mercenary. The crazy bitch also did so in an English accent. "Errol; go on; punish him for me..."

    The mercenary's smile spread ear to ear, and Errol began to saw away at Xen's little finger. To make it worse, he did it as slowly, as he possibly, could.

    Xen let out an unimaginable volley of cries and tried to pull away. He had no luck. The mercenary had an overbearing grip and Xen was forced to watch his own frenzy.

    We all were.

    Waterfalls of sweat bombed down Xen's face while blood pooled out across the table. In no time at all, Xen's claret became a deep crimson, which did its best to lurch for everyone.

    "Xen, my dear, you are becoming an annoying little prick, who obviously does not know who he is fucking with. Despite my physical threat of Ling; Stephen; and your friends and family, you still challenge me? And in public? Worst of all, you let your insolence rub off on Chon, too - albeit, humorous. Shit."

    The Pink Witch rolled her luminous eyes again, but this time in an exaggerated tantrum. "You really are a wild one! But thankfully," she added, "I know you, and understandably, I knew I'd have to evoke a calculated purge. Hopefully now, you know that I'm the fucking epitome of sadomasochism, not you."

    I did not get the feeling that Xen was even listening to her. It seemed as though his concentration was on trying to avoid looking at his mutilated hand; his severed finger; and to try and remain conscious.

    It turned out I was wrong.

    A lethargic haze clouded in Xen's eyes and he reached for his miniature digit. Before Xen clasped it up, he was pushed away by the mercenary who got to it first.

    "Xen, no-no-no," The Pink Witch jested over holoscreen. "That little pinky belongs to me now. And, with our friends as witnesses, I pray you learn moving forward. Xen, you ever interrupt me again, or show insolent disregard for me, then my umbrella blade and your little winkie will finally get the chance to fuck." She rapped on. "Chon; as I was saying; last of all, you will tell humanity, and those deemed eligible, that The Central Column will be renamed The Wealth Core. And that rule of it will be forever mine, no other's!

    "Prime Minister Fedor," she then said to me, "please allow my merc to leave, unharmed. Your cooperation is, appreciated.

    "And conclusively, my new friends, I will be in touch very, soon, indeed. Until then, archive this meeting's footage until I call upon you to share it alongside my broadcast. Also, ensure your spotty geeks are on schedule with the 'official' and 'contingent' programs - no matter what. Sayonara. Suckers."

    Errol the mercenary scarpered into the shadows, and on holoscreen, The Pink Witches' surroundings faded to a deeper shade of pink. A screensaver followed and it terrorized us by showing blossom petals floating downwards in slow motion. Just before each petal hit the bottom, the holotron beamed out identical fibre-mesh versions. On each silky pink petal was the name of all those we dearly loved. In that moment, I had realized that we would have to deal with The Pink Witch, sooner rather than later.

    To everyone's surprise, Xen caught our attention as he squeezed at his gushing finger with fury - trying to stem the uncontrollable blood loss. Once he had also adjusted to the pain, he relaxed his face, and was quick to reestablish his formal presence with desperate whimpers. "P-Political friends, I am sorry," he said. At the same time, Xen managed to wipe his forehead with a suit sleeve and retrieve his holoscreen with a desperate swish. "Sorry, for an awful end to our historic m-meeting. A-And, sorry if my deal with the devil's daughter brings any h-harm, or f-fear, to your lives."

    The room was silent until I had made an obvious demand of one of the Honor Guard's best. "Nartay, help Secretary Lai as best as you can with first aid, then get some people to clear this blood away!"

    I followed up with an unsolicited suggestion. But, with The Pink Witch as clever and resourceful as she was, I chose to write my message on an old holopad and pass it round - rather than communicate over mind-message - something which could be easily hacked. It read:

    'Everyone. When the time comes, we will relinquish O-Kenai Ashii of her power. Every demon has their day - even pink ones. Until then we must accept her funding until we can declare it and take it on as our own official debt. In the meantime, I hope we can maintain this shared goal, this shared interest, and a shared future.'

    Everyone offered stern nods.

    They stopped once Xen had read my message and chosen to dig deep and continue. "Kazakhstan; New Japan; you are t-true international friends, and The People's Republic could not be doing a-any of this without you. Moving forward, Lee and I will inform the UN Secretary General of our u-union, followed by an international press release. Although we might be alone in this, my h-hope is that our sacrifice will be a significant one, of w-which Mother Nature, honors."

    In conclusion, Xen had turned to his brother, and smiled through his trauma. "Chon, as promised, you may ask your one and only q-question."

    Based on the way Chon shifted, it was clear that he already knew what he wanted to ask: despite his concern for his brother's wellbeing. "Xen. I know it is linked to a Star Shuttle somehow. But for the record, what is 'SS-CSP'...?"

    I had not heard of this 'SS-CSP' before.

    So, with intrigue, I joined the others by looking at Xen with intent. "Chon, when you first asked me, I did not know. Now, I do. However, I have decided that it is not worth disclosing until we know if The Solution will go ahead at all. Until such time, I ask that you are all, patient."

    Along with the rest of us, Chon slumped deep in his chair. His final act in the White Horde was signaling to Mikey and Sarah to finish up and power down their Holo-Suite.

    Knowing we were not going to learn anymore I rose from my seat. Once my new partners had, Aurora and I shook their hands; bade them farewell; and got to work. More now - than at any other time in our world's history - there was much to do.

    I turned my attention to Baikonur.