Akashi III : In his sleep (2)

“Arima-sensei?”

“Ara? (name)-chan?” the voice on the other line looked surprised. “Is there something wrong?”

“Um- yes...” you voice came almost like a whisper, “Sei-chan’s at the vet...and they put IV on him...he looks really weak- and it seems like they can’t do anything at all...”

“Why? What happened to Sei?”

“He wasn’t eating properly- he sleeps a lot and only drinks water, he doesn’t eat his food anymore and he’s getting weak. We took him to the vet...he was traumatized when they bathe him too...then they suggested to put an IV on him so that when he’s not eating, he’ll won’t get dehydrated- he wasn’t dehydrated at all when we got there!”  you told Arima-sensei everything and Sei’s progress.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier before you took him there?” he asked, almost angry at you.

“So-sorry-” you choked.

“I would’ve recommended another Vet I know. Let’s see...I’ll call you back later tonight, I’ll call my friend about it first.”

“H-hai- thank you sensei.”

“No problem. Just calm down. Your Sei will be ok.”

“Mm.” You ended the call and you went to your sister’s room.

“Nee-chan, Arima-sensei said we should take him to a new VET. Do you think it’s ok, if we bring Sei home now?”

“I am thinking of the same thing too, Sei’s  not making a progress there anyway...and he’s just getting stressed every day.”

With that you both decide to take Sei home.

When you got to the vet that afternoon, Sei is awake but sitting quietly inside his cage.

“Sei-chan.” You crouched down in front of him.

//meow

The usually quiet Sei responded when he saw you. He wasn’t anywhere near happy when he saw you, but at least he wasn’t glaring at you with his heterochromatic orbs unlike what he does to the people at the clinic.

“You look slightly better no?” you said to him as you pet his head gently...he liked it, you can almost hear his silent purring.

“We’re going to take you home today ok? I’m going to take care of you from now on. So you better eat something or i’ll get angry.” You threatened.

Sei just stared at you.

“You really lost a lot of weight Sei.” You commented when you lifted him up.

You flinched when you heard him ‘meow’ out in pain.