Akashi II : Akashi's Ultimatum

You and Akashi are business partners, nothing more, nothing less. But Akashi insists for more, and that is one of the reasons why you don't attend board meetings...

"Why attend, when your secretary can do everything for you?" You muttered as you start digging on the cake that you once despised.

"I know, but weren't you almost always present in all of the board meetings?" Your best friend told you.

"Almost." You noted, "This is one of those 'almost' days." You said to her, as you take a spoonful of the strawberry cake.

Your best friend eyed you.

"First time I see you eat strawberry cake, (name)." You friend commented.

"Yea. I just tried it while waiting for you." You said, "I didn't know it was this...delicious." you added, "I use to complain how much I don't like these things." You started bubbling about the cake.

"Uh-huh...." you friend was seriously surprised, but she didn't talk about it anymore; "last month, you went out with Akashi-san right?"  She asked.

You froze and swallowed hard.

"Mm." You slightly looked up at her, "what of it?"

"Nothing really." Your friend said, "It’s just that - what is it that you don't like from him?"

"He's mean and such- and arrogant bastard..." you murmured while you continue eating your cake. "Add to it he's sadistic- he should just find someone from the upper class and marry himself off- that way there'll be no problem for us here in th middle-class..." your friend just stared at you.

You frowned,

"What?" You asked her. "Don’t look at me like I'm the only one thinking like that-- oh gods, these strawberry cake aren't really that bad- but it’s so sweet- but I just can't stop eating them." Your friend was still staring at you like she's too scared to comment.

You swallowed hard again, but this time harder than the earlier one,

"You- don't tell me, th-that there's someone behind me?" You said, and realization hit you.

And you looked over your shoulder slowly.

“Oda-san!” you sighed, “don’t scare us like that.”

“Sorry, Miss (l/n).” Oda-san smiled at you. “I came to personally deliver you the reports from the main branch and the one from Sapporo.” He said. “I have compiled all of them and are all in order.”

“Great. Thank you for bringing this all the way here from Tokyo.”

“It’s my job to look after you, Miss (l/n).” Oda-san bowed at you.

“You know what Oda-san, sit here, and order something you like.” You decoded as you offered the empty seat beside you. “We were just talking about you just now.”

*-*

Akashi threw the fax report that was sent to him by one of his men. After yesterday's board meeting where (name) didn't attend the second time that month, he sent one of his men to look for her.

First he took off from work and visited the cafe where you usually stays during the afternoon break, which you also owned and Akashi is your business partner---but you weren't there - your employees informed him that you were in vacation but didn't know where - that, Akashi accepted.