Akashi IV: Mine, It Will Never Change 24

AKASHI IV: Mine, It will never change
Chapter 24

"What makes you really think that (Name)'s son is mine?" Saruhiko asked.

"Your father did." Kaoru answered.

"The exact words?" Saruhiko pressed.

"Father's exact words?" Kaoru frowned.

"Yes, his exact words." Saruhiko nodded, "and also what exactly happened during then."

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it matters." Saruhiko said.

*flashback*

"When are you going to give me a grandchild, Kaoru?" The old man Tomoe asked Kaoru who immediately looked up from the tea she was drinking.

"Father?" she chuckled in a lady manner. "Isn't it too early?"

"Early? I don't think its still early. I let you marry my son because I was expecting that you are ready to give me a grandchild." He says.

"B-but fathe-"

"(Full Name) is better than you are." The old man dropped photos of a young boy in front of her.

"I-it cant be!"

"What can't be?" Tomoe's father asked, "(Name) is a healthy young woman. She was willing to keep up with my son's uselessness and antics. Of course she could produce a child a heir for...all of this." Tomoe's father gestured to his house, his expensive things and all that is his.

"I may not look like it, Kaoru..." he continued, "But I love little children. What is the use of having all these money if you cannot see your son and grandchildren be happy for having all of these?"

"Father I-"

"Tell me, when are you going to give me a grandchild? I cannot be alive for a long time, life is not that long."

"Father, isn't it too soon?"

"Too soon for (name) to bear a child too, don't you think? Tomoe's father studied the nervous look on Kaoru's. "I wonder who the father is...It could be Saruhiko, no?"

"Father!" Kaoru gasped, "That child-could it be-"

"If the child is, then he deserves to have a share of what is mine...he shares the same blood.."

"Father-"

"Do you have any objection?" Tomoe's father asked Kaoru.