Kitsune! Imayoshi Part 3

"M-mother?" The blonde woman jolted when she saw you call for her from the door.

It was a look of disbelief and something you cannot recognize... is it happiness, sadness or was it anger?

"Mom!" You called out. It has been a long time since you last saw her---you were like 5 when you last saw her...

You were playing  house and she was making cookies for you and your friends. You weren't really a big fan of sweets when you were young and even now...but still she made them for you and your friends and orange juice too..you ate with your friends...but later that day, your stomach started hurting...and you started throwing out all the stuffs that you ate and then everything went black...when you woke up from that terrible stomachache, she was nowhere to be seen...but your father was beside you and he was crying...

"Daddy?" Your voice croaked, you feel so drained and want to sleep more...but your father is crying...

"I'm so glad you're ok" he whispered, "you were found unconscious by our neighbor...what happened? Where's your mother?"

"Mom was making snacks..."

"She wasn't there sweetie--mommy isn't there-"

"Someone took mommy?" 

"Yes, and grandma's..." He whispered tearfully...

That's the last thing you remembered that day thought it was just a dream...when you were discharged, you attended a funeral...it was your grandmother's...

"What happened to grandma daddy?" You asked, when he looked at you, he smiled and said

"She went to heaven with grandpa."

"And mom?"

"Mommy?" He sighed bitterly "I don't know...she went home to her parents probably...to Okinawa?"

"To her parents? When will I be able to meet grandma and grandpa there?" 

"Soon, they'll probably busy at the moment." He added.

"O-ok."

Since then, you havent seen your mother- and eventually you started forgetting that she existed...until now...

"Mother...mom?" You wanted to run to her and hug her and never let her go- but when you stepped forward, you felt your body tense...it was as if your body doesn't want to let you move or rather...let you go to her.

It was your father who walked to her and almost tripped on his way and grabbed her into a very tight hug.

"Where were you!?" He grumbled. "I was looking all over for your for years! For almost eternity!"

"(Daddy/n)--I--I was taken away- by a strange man! I--" her sentence was cut off when her eyes trailed back to you.

"(Name)" she murmured shakily- "you're alive-and well!" She seems surprised- but her eyes slowly produced tears...

"I'm so glad you're well!" she called, crying now.

"--Yes..." you cannot answer immediately- it seems so...different?

No, nothing changed...this is how you remember her...she would cling to your father and call for you...

"I'm back now- I'm not leaving anymore- he cannot take me away from you again" she called for you and you moved your legs to go near her.

Whatever happened to your mother when she disappeared was immediately forgotten- or rather, she keeps brushing off the topic whenever your father starts talking about it...

"What is important, is that I am already here (d/n)." Was what she would always say.

You were watching your parents being in charge in the kitchen the next day; normally, its only your dad working everything in the morning- today, you father is supposed to leave for Sapporo- but he cancelled; he'll leave on the day after tomorrow.

'He looks happy. That's great.' You smiled as you went upstairs to get your things for school...

When you grabbed your bag, you accidentally bumped the empty fishbowl where you placed rubber and hair clips...the accessories was scattered on the floor and then you saw the small pearl-like ball.

"Ah!" You quickly recognize the ball and picked it up. When you fell asleep the last time, you woke up completely forgetting where you placed the small thing. You placed it in your pocket- maybe you'll give it back to the owner later---who else?

Imayoshi.

He's the only one who was there aside from the senpai with him- and it seems like this ball isn't something a person like her would keep with her at school- though yes, Imayoshi-senpai isn't someone who'd bring such things too...but well...you just feel like its his. Well, if its not his, then she'll just probably throw it away

"I'm off to school now, dad- mom." It feels like its been forever since you last call someone mom- so calling her 'mom' kinda gives awkward feeling.

"Take care, (name)." Your dad kissed your forehead, and your mother...well...she was fidgeting, but she was still able to kiss you on your cheeks-holding you a little tighter in the process too- but you discarded the thought.