Glow Sticks

1 Nov 2014
Yesterday night I was Snow White.
A princess walking the streets of our dirty old town. It's amazing how I felt so alive. Tiny sweets made me smile so big. I don't think it was that itself. I think it was the fact that we were all embracing something together. We got given glow sticks and most of them accidentally snapped and started glowing in our baskets. It reminds me I life. We don't have a choice to snap but when we do we glow. I love laying in the dark feeling empty. Feeling nothing and everything, sad and happy at the same time. I remember all the things of the past but I can't find any emotion. These things that once helped us float in the ocean of life have now become the weights at our ankles dragging us down; to the rocky bottom in the murky blue water. You have to be careful and find a balance. If you keep reaching for more things or people to help you eventually when it falls to shit they add to the weight. I've learned it's easier to just keep swimming on your own because then if it gets to much or you give up you can only blame yourself and your own burdens. You drown alone. People aren't medicine and that obvious to me. I just think the high I get from people is helping me. I get excited and feel infinite, my heart skips a beat when we adventure or go trick or treating. It's not about making your life extraordinary to everyone it's about making it memorable to yourself. I want to remember the exact feeling I feel every second of my life. I want to remember what it felt like to have my heart broken. I want to remember that song that I listened to on repeat as a teenager. I'm just scared I'm not taking it in well enough and this sad but incredible adventure is going to fast. We always talk about going on adventures but the best and biggest one if all is being alive. It's life.