Falling Out Of Love |part two| (Chandler)

okay: finally got to it :)
-

two months later.

it had been two months since you had been in the same apartment as your friends, listening to their random and entertaining conversations that always ended with one of chandler's remarks.

you were walking down the cold streets of new york, feeling the warmth of the crowded streets around you as people rushed to get on the subway.

you had come back.

-
"so, you slept with him because of what he offered?" chandler said, his voice being higher than usual because of all the confusion from what had occurred between him and kathy.

"he didn't offer me anything!"

he shook his head, looking down towards his feet. "honestly, i think it would be better if we didn't continue to see each other. clearly you don't love me."

kathy grabbed her coat, purse, and collected the rest of her items. she looked back at chandler once more as she began to leave the apartment.

"goodbye, chandler. good luck finding love and finding _____," she told him.

looking up, all he saw now was the door to his apartment closing as he sat down in his seat. there was a light dusting of snow collected on the top of the window as he stared outside.

______.

he hasn't seen you in two months.

in fact, no one had.

it seemed like you had just disappeared into thin air. they couldn't seem to track you at all, which is probably what you wanted.

chandler had no clue what caused this sudden behavior in your life, but he only hoped you were okay.

wherever you were.

-
you passed the different shops and walk in restaurants as you continued to make your way towards the friend's apartment building.

not that you were anxious, but it was more of you worrying to see chandler once again.

you had seemingly lost him to kathy.

when you arrived at the building, you looked up at the hovering giant above you. you smiled softly to yourself while trying to compose yourself.

"okay, _____, you can do this."

with a gloved finger, you pressed the buzzer on the outside of the door to see if monica would let you inside.

a crackled "hello?" came over the intercom as you smiled to yourself. you hadn't heard their voice in so long, it caused a bubble to float inside of you.

"monica," you began, hoping they wouldn't be mad at you. "it's me."

she didn't reply but opened the door instead as you let yourself inside. you took off your gloves, holding your coat in your arm, and taking off the hat as you walked upstairs.

you walked upstairs, knocking on the door as monica opened it, collecting you up in her arms.

"_____, dear god," she told you, clutching onto you tightly. "_____, why did you leave us for two months? why did you want to leave us?"

you continued to hug her, softly expressing how you felt.

"chandler," you told her.

where was he? he didn't seem to be here.

"where is he?" you continued to ask.

monica let go of you, looking over towards the floor as you cocked your head in confusion.

"he and kathy just broke up," she told you.

an "oh" formed in your lips, causing you to let go of her for good and walk around the apartment.

"wow," you whispered. "this place is bigger than i remembered. definitely bigger than where i stayed."

"where did you stay?" monica asked as she pulled out a plate of christmas cookies and set them out on the table.

you walked over and grabbed one, eating it above the table so monica wouldn't yell at you for your crumbs.

"my mom's."

monica nodded. "did she ask?"

"yeah," you told her with a small nod. "you know my mom. always wondering everything. she calls me quite often just to know what's going on in my life."

monica nodded, looking over at the door as it opened. you looked over as well, seeing chandler standing there.

"_____, you're back."

-
so i decided that i wanted to do this in two parts so it would drag it out longer haha.

this was requested by a reader.

and by requested: i mean HIGHLY requested haha.

thanks for reading.

treat people with kindness.

K.