give it time (chandler)

"he's dating janice again?" you questioned rachel while sitting at the kitchen table in monica's apartment. joey was also sitting there, busily eating a sandwich as he butted himself into the conversation occasionally.

"yeah, apparently," she said, taking a sip of her drink. "i think he really likes her."

"humph," you muttered, taking a sip of your drink as you turned around to see him enter the apartment.

"____, can i ask you something?" he said.

you nodded, trying not to express anything too visual or physical. you hated that he had a girlfriend again but you wanted him to be happy.

"how do you know if you scared a girl off? what if you can't get her back again? because i think i might've just lost janice for good and i can't have done that," he said, letting out a sigh as he leaned against the counter.

you bit your lip, staring down at him from he was leaning against the counter top. you couldn't answer that question- you'd express too much. so instead, you just snapped your fingers and walked out onto the back patio.

when you got out there, you facepalmed yourself. you desperately wanted to tell him everything to help him out but your heart was just leaping from hearing the news of janice being gone for good, maybe.

"snap out of it, ____. he doesn't love you and never will. you just have to snap out of it," you repeated to yourself before joey came outside.

"snap out of what?"

you turned around abruptly, giving joey a smile.

"oh, nothing," you muttered. your eyes wandered over to the other building where you could see ross sitting in his apartment as he ate popcorn and watched another historical documentary.

"it's clearly something because you repeated it to yourself. you can tell me anything, ____. you know that right?"

you nodded, biting your lip as you looked away and back to joey.

"do you really want to know?" you questioned.

he nodded, crossing his arms as he looked over at you. your eyes left his to wander for a few seconds before meeting them once more.

"i'm in love with chandler," you let out in a sigh.

joey raised his eyebrows in response to this.

"he's dating janice though," he reminded you.

you nodded, running a hand through your hair.

"i know, no need to remind me, honey," you replied. "i just wish he would wake up and see that their relationship won't last and that ours could actually work."

joey shrugged.

"maybe you could tell him?"

you laughed. "oh, gosh no."

he looked over at you, staring at your eyes that were now focused on chandler talking to rachel inside. you were fixated on him.

"i need to give it time. let him work out things with janice before i decide to say anything. i can't risk it."

-
okay so i meant to update at 3:45 but a girl can't stick to her schedule so i apologize oops

treat people with kindness.

K.