back together (chandler)

you hesitantly reached up to knock on the door of joey and chandler's apartment, questioning if you really wanted to after everything that had happened between you and your ex boyfriend.

two knocks and the door swung open.

"______?"

your eyes met his as you nodded, nervously wringing your hands into the bottom of your shirt.

"is everything okay?"

you shook your head.

"can i come in? please?" you asked softly as chandler nodded, letting you inside before closing the door behind you. he turned around, hands in his pockets as he watched you walk behind the bar and look down towards it.

"so, what happened? or did you come crawling back to your ex-boyfriend for a different reason?" he asked, staring at you.

"um," you began, running your fingers through the bottom strands of your hair. "i, uh, i just," you stuttered. you weren't ever like this, but the nerves of what had happened and the fact that you were back talking with your ex-boyfriend was immense.

"_____?"

"joseph cheated on me," you spit out, looking up at him hesitantly. "and i just, i'm not sure what to do."

he walked closer to you, seeing you tensing up slightly but you knew you needed to relax. you two had broken up for different issues, nothing relating to another person.

"i mean, i don't know, ______," he started, sitting down next to you as you sighed, looking towards the counter.

"what happened?"

"he slept with another woman, what do you mean?" chandler asked as you shook your head.

"no, i mean with us," you explained. "chandler, what happened?"

he sighed, letting the silence settle over the two of you while you continued your gaze on the counter.

"could we, um, maybe," you started as chandler stood up as it stopped you.

"you are aware of how vulnerable you are right now, right?" he asked, placing his hands on both of your shoulders to bring you back to your currently reality. "we can't just start doing things because you're hurt. it wouldn't be right for either of us."

"but, chandler, you don't understand," you started, standing up as you looked up at him continually.

"no, ______, i do, and this just wouldn't be right," he replied, smiling sweetly down at you while you sighed.

"i know when i'm ready, chandler."

"and i just happen to know that it isn't right after you get cheated on," he replied back, seeing your eyes shift away from his and towards the door of their apartment. "if we're going to even consider getting together again, _______, i need you to do it whenever you aren't reeling from the hurt of what happened."

you nodded, walking over to the door as chandler watched you. you turned around once more, looking at him before opening the door as joey walked in.

"______?" he asked as you greeted him briefly before leaving. he shut the door, looking at his best friend with excitement on his features.

"are you two getting back together again?" he asked, giving him a wide smile as he shook his head.

"the guy she was seeing cheated on her," chandler told him. "and she came to me for advice."

"why you if the two of you dated? was she trying to get back together?" joey asked, going to the kitchen to grab a drink.

"she's vulnerable so i told her no," chandler replied. "i don't know, it's just wild how i'm the one she came to."

"i mean, you two did date. maybe that's why," joey said. "she probably still loves you."

"i don't know if that's true, i mean, come on."

joey raised his eyebrows at his best friend, the two of them hearing the door open as monica and rachel walked in to find juice for smoothies they were making.

"don't know if what's true?" monica asked while rachel searched through the fridge.

"if a girl goes back to a guy they dated, isn't that a sign that she still loves you?" joey asked as chandler shook his head.

"oh my gosh, did ________ come to see you, chandler?" monica asked. "please tell me she did. please tell me it was her."

"why do you want it to be her so badly?" chandler asked, laughing slightly.

"she was the best out of all the women you dated! she was the nicest of them all, besides janice of course," she replied as chandler sighed, shaking his head as he looked between his friends.

"i mean, i just don't know what to do, i guess? it's just that she wants to get back together but i don't know if it's the actual fact of dating me or the hurt that she just went through," he explained, sitting down on the barstool while his friends stared at him with sad, somewhat puzzled looks on their faces.

"i mean, do you want to get back together with her?" rachel asked him as he glanced up at her briefly before shrugging.

"i loved her," he replied back as monica sighed.

"well then that's the facts! i mean, come on. why would she come to you for advice about an ex lover when she could come to one of us or even her other friends if she didn't truly love you! it's just the facts that you two both love each other!" she exclaimed as rachel patted her on the shoulders to calm her down slightly.

chandler sighed once more, looking back towards the door where you exited as his mind tried to comprehend everything that was going on currently.

should he get back together with you?