The Solution (Joey)

"This is the last candle."

You stayed over at the table, holding a beer in your hand as you downed it. Ross walked over and took it out of your hand before you could take the last swig.

"Ross, give me the bottle."

He shook his head, holding it high above him as you stared up at him. Your eyes were slightly glassy, filled with the sadness of what happened recently.

"You can't just drink away your sadness about Chandler, ____. You have to get over him and realize he wasn't good enough for you. He's a great guy, don't get me wrong, but you're so much more worthy of someone else."

You shook your head, reaching for the beer.

"Give it to me."

He shook his head once again. "No."

You groaned in frustration. "Fine, I'll go get the beer myself." With that, you pushed yourself up off the chair and towards the fridge where you popped open a new one and took a swig before Ross took that one out of your hand.

You just pulled out another and another before Ross couldn't hold anymore. You were all out of alcohol.

"Why won't you let me drown myself!" You yelled at him, Phoebe and Chandler both looking over at you.

"Because, ____, it's not healthy!"

"I don't care! I want to forget about the pain of him ending it all! I feel like nothing! I feel worthless, like, like I'm some piece of crap on the side of road! I want to end that! Now hand me the damn bottle!"

Ross shook his head once more, placing the bottles in a high spot you couldn't reach as you crossed your arms.

"Come on, ____. Let's just talk about it. Maybe even talk to Chandler about it- he's right there."

You shook your head, not meeting his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Well, I'm certainly not letting you drown yourself in alcohol." Ross came back with. You stayed with arms crossed.

"I'm leaving."

Your eyes watched as Chandler stood up and walked over to where you were. He stopped in front of you, waiting for something to happen.

He slowly leaned forwards and pressed a gentle kiss to your cheek. "____, you'll find someone. Someone who's much better than me. You don't deserve someone like me."

With that, he left and went to his apartment.

You groaned in frustration.

"He said it so himself. You'll find someone better than him, _____."

You hit him in the chest. "Shut up and give me the damn bottle. That's all I want right now."

"What about if I set you up with Joey for tonight? To get rid of the feeling?" Phoebe piped up.

Monica stood up. "Wait, you're going to let her sleep with Joey? Why would you hurt the poor girl like that?"

"Do it." You told her. She clapped her hands with a smile and walked over to where their apartment was.

"The solution is to sleep with someone now?"

You looked up at him. "I have to get over Chandler eventually."

He frowned. "But Joey?"

"What?" He asked towards Ross as he walked into the room. You looked over at him and noticed he was giving you a smile.

Easily, you pushed yourself into his hold and held onto him tightly.

"I didn't even have to do my trick on her." He said as Ross looked at him.

"Even if you're just hooking up with her, take good care of her or I'll kill you."

Joey nodded, holding you against him.

"Of course, I would never want to do something to hurt her." Joey replied as Ross walked away with suspicion.

-
The next morning came when the power was back and you sat up from off the bed you were in.

"Good morning, ____."

You turned to face Joey with a smile.

"Good morning, Joey. Thanks for everything last night. It was the best night of my life. Too bad it's over."

You began to get up and start walking out of his apartment when he grabbed your hand and pulled you back to his bed.

"Who says it has to end?"

You stared at him.

"I'm saying, why can't we date?"

You laughed. "Okay, Joey. It's already hard getting over Chandler but dating his best friend?"

"I know it's weird but come on, we'd be great together."

You looked at him, placing your lips on his gently as he sunk into the feeling. After pulling away, you smiled.

"One date and we'll see how it goes."

He smiled, pressing a kiss to your lips once more.

"You won't regret this."