loving you instead |part one| (chandler)

it was the beginning of a fresh start. the beginning of a new year that brought along all the hopeful expectations.

you had celebrated the night before with all of your friends and it was an incredibly fun night.

this morning was something different.

it seemed to be more peaceful before you realized that you were alone in monica's apartment.

waking up, you looked around and noticed a note sitting on the coffee table next to you.

reaching over, you grabbed it in between your finger tips and read the ink printed neatly on the paper.

gone out for some catering supplies with phoebe. rachel will be back later. -monica

as you got up from the couch, you let out a long yawn which seemed to wake you up a little bit. you stretched your arms out above your head, trying to wake up your aching muscles that had seemed to have taken the brunt of the celebrations last night.

you headed out of monica's apartment and made your way across the hall to your boyfriend joey's apartment, the apartment in which he shared with chandler.

upon entering, you saw chandler sitting at the bar reading some magazine he had found and drinking a cup of coffee that seemed nearly empty.

"don't you know those quizzes are always fake," you told him, interrupting the seemingly never ending silence in the room.

he looked up from the pages as he shrugged. "they've never failed me yet."

you chuckled, and ruffled chandler's hair as you walked by him to pour yourself your own bit of coffee, hoping to wake yourself up before you started your day.

just as you were about to ask chandler where joey was, he strolled into the apartment and immediately pulled you into a hug. 

you two had been dating for a few months now, and it was going really well to all your friends' surprise. joey was never the one to be the 'settling down' type so they were all shocked by his strong commitment to you.

"where have you been?" chandler asked him as he closed the magazine and set down the now empty cup of coffee.

joey shrugged. "oh, you know," he said. "at the usual locations."

you raised a brow as you looked up at him, giving him a gentle kiss before letting go and walking towards his room.

"where are you going, ____? you know we can't have early morning sex. my body doesn't work like that," joey complained.

your face erupted in bright red as you pushed the door open with your shoulder.

"i'm just changing, honey," you replied back to him. "nothing more, nothing less."

chandler chuckled. "I'm sure joey would love to see less."

you rolled your eyes, smiling as you turned around into the room and saw the clothes that you had left yourself the night before to change into.

it was easier to leave clothes at joey's because you apartment was quite a few blocks away.

you grabbed the t shirt, slipping it on over a pair of loosely fitting jeans, and then putting on some socks. you had no plans but to hang out with the girls at monica's today so you didn't feel the need to dress up or anything.

you could hear joey and chandler talking outside of the room as you finished putting on your socks and when you walked out you saw them both sitting on the floor with the chick and the duck.

"it was his idea," joey pointed to chandler.

"yeah, sure," he scoffed. "said the little boy."

you just chuckled, pressing a kiss to joey's
cheek. "you're both such children."

you patted chandler's shoulder as you passed him on you way to the front door. as you headed out of the front door, joey followed after you in the hallway.

"everything okay?" you asked, wondering why he'd followed you.

"i just wanted to give you a proper good morning," joey smirked.

he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in for a passionate kiss. the kiss was short and sweet but it was the perfect good morning kiss.

"how about tonight we order in some pizza and rent a movie?" joey suggested.

"i'd like that," you grinned, pecking joey's lips one more time.

"good, i'll see you later then. have a good day with the girls," he said, before disappearing back into his apartment.

all was seeming to go well with joey and with your friends. everything was seeming to be fine.

however, you were not going to be prepared for the hurricane that was about to rip through your life and turn everything upside down.

-
this is a collaboration with ThunderAndRain !! please check them out & look back for a second part :)

love you all.

treat people with kindness.

K.