ready (chandler)

"hey, you okay?" you asked chandler as you walked into his and joey's shared apartment. he looked up from the bar as he met your eyes.

"janice and i broke up," he replied, looking back down to the bar top. you walked over to him as you set down your drink.

"are you okay?" you asked him, watching as he looked up at you.

"i don't know, i mean. i really liked her and all," he replied. you nodded, opening your drink as he placed his hand gently on your wrist. you stopped as you looked back at him.

"what are you doing?" you asked.

"_______, you're a woman," he said, standing up as he moved to be closer to you.

you nodded slowly, laughing a little.

"well, i'm not a man for sure," you responded as chandler got closer to you. "what is going on with you?"

his fingers laced themselves into your hair as he pulled you to his lips abruptly. you wanted to fall into it, but you shook your head as you let go.

"chandler, you just broke up with someone," you told him. "and what are you even doing? is it only because i'm just a woman?" you asked.

he let out a sigh.

"you're right. i'm sorry," he responded as you looked back up at him.

"look, rachel has been wanting me to tell you this for a while now," you muttered. "but, i just don't want to push anything."

"what is it?" he asked.

"i like you," you said softly.

he stared back down at you, his hand slowly moving out of your hair as he nodded slowly.

"and i don't want you to kiss me under the circumstances that you've just broken up with someone who you've been with for quite some times now. if you kiss me, i want it to be for real," you explained as he nodded.

"what if it is real?" he asked.

"chandler," you responded. "you loved janice. you need to get over her before you can even think about dating someone else. because you don't want to break their heart. and i especially don't want my heart broken over you when it can be avoided."

you slowly slipped out of his grasp on you as you grabbed your drink and began to leave, but he grabbed your wrist, spinning you back around to face him.

"_______, please," he said as you stared up at him. you set down your drink on the foosball table.

"what do you want me to say, chandler?" you asked him.

"nothing. i don't want you to say anything. i just want you- here and now."

you began trying to back up and head over to monica's apartment, but he pulled you back to his lips once more. you didn't want to let go, you didn't want to stop, but you knew that for yourself- you would have to.

you let go, looking back up at him.

"is this real for you? or is this just because you've broken up with janice?"

he got silent for a moment before responding.

"i think it's real. i mean, i always acted different around you," he said. "i talked about you a lot with joey and ross. i mean, hell, i thought about you while i was breaking up with janice."

you nodded, your hands still on his chest.

"_______, it feels real to me."

you smiled up at him.

"i just want you to be ready," you explained as he nodded.

"i'm more ready than i've ever been."