Nervous Words (Joey)

You stood outside the door to Joey and Chandler's apartment, fixing your hair that you had done so carefully, and fixing the dress that you had found on a sale rack that seemed like the perfect fit for your body type.

You didn't hear anything for a few minutes while you stood outside the door. You nearly wanted to head over to Monica's instead to hang out with them but Chandler opened the door after a few seconds of you thinking.

"Hi." He said while staring you down. You had met Chandler several times but you were never just totally alone with him. "Can I come in or do you want to just leave me standing outside your door for another ten minutes?"

Chandler chuckled, opening the door wider as a sign for you to walk inside. You walked in, walking right past the foosball table, and continuing into the apartment before taking a seat on the stool by the bar.

"So. Who you here for?" Chandler asked you, opening the fridge to get out a beer as he walked over to you, sipping on it while he waited for an answer.

You looked down at the black dress that was fitting to your body. "Uh, as surprising as it may come to you, I'm here for Joey."

Chandler nearly choked on his beer. "Here for Joey? For," He paused for effect. "That?"

You snickered a little, tucking your hair behind your ear. "Uh, yeah. I've been seeing him for a while now." You cocked your head, staring at Chandler. "Have you never been here when I'm here or are you just completely oblivious to anything happening around you?"

Chandler set down the beer, licking his lower lip before speaking. "It's just surprising, I guess. Joey can get girls, believe me, but I've never seen one like you."

You stared at him. "I'm not sure if I take that as a compliment or an insult."

Chandler laughed it off. "It was a compliment."

You nodded. "Right."

Silence settled between the two of you once more as you both did your own thing, Chandler suddenly piping up as you stood up to leave.

"Maybe I should go get him for you." Chandler suggested, causing a smile to grow on your cherry coated lips. You nodded. "Yeah, okay."

Chandler smiled, heading back to Joey's room while you leaned against the door of the apartment. You hadn't been with Joey too long but he never had taken this long to come see you, especially on the first date.

You looked down at your painted nails, admiring the work done to them while you continued to wait on him.

It was so strange. This had never happened.

"Hey."

You looked up from staring at your hand, your eyes meeting Joey's who couldn't seem to stop staring at you. You smiled. "Hey. Where you been, lover boy?"

Chandler laughed behind Joey, who turned around to give him a look. Chandler just signaled that he was leaving the room while you walked slowly over to Joey.

"So? What's the story this time?"

Joey sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets as you walked over to him, standing close but not putting your arms around him or anything.

"There's not much of an interesting one. More of an embarrassing one, if anything." Joey muttered, letting out a soft sigh afterwards.

"What?" You asked him, your hands wringing together to keep you from squealing out of nerves or something like that. Joey looked up at you, his eyes meeting your soft ones.

"I was nervous to see you."

You didn't laugh, you were confused. "Nervous? Joey, there's nothing to be nervous about? Why? Why were you nervous?"

He untucked his hands from his pockets, putting his hands on your shoulders while you stared up at him. "I'm nervous because I think I'm in love with you."

You continued to stare at him, your vision becoming slightly speckled. "Wha-What?" You managed out, trying to get the dots out of your vision. Joey nodded.

"I think I love you."

Everything turned black.

•.•

You woke up later on Monica's couch, your hand on your head as you opened your eyes and saw six pairs of eyes on you. You sat up quickly, screaming a little as you pressed your hand to your head harder, the pressure hitting you in the spot that hurt.

"Everything okay?" Monica asked you, joining Phoebe on the floor of her apartment. Joey was looking over at you while you sat up, scooting over towards him.

"What happened?" Rachel asked, Ross sitting near her with his arms around her shoulders. Chandler stood with his hands shoved in his pockets, staring at Joey.

"Uh, I'm not sure." You admitted, feeling Joey's hand suddenly resting on your thigh. You suddenly remembered, your cheeks becoming flushed.

"I'm certain he didn't say something too serious, if that's going on." Ross pointed out, glancing between the two of you.

"Joey, can we talk?" You asked, turning to face him. He nodded, the rest of the gang leaving to the kitchen, where they could still hear you but you didn't realize they were listening in.

"Did you tell me that you loved me?" You asked him, holding your hand to your head before removing it to stare at Joey. He slowly nodded, taking his hand in yours, holding onto it tightly.

"Oh God, and I just fainted. I fainted and I ruined the whole moment. Oh, Joey, I'm so sorry." You told him, staring into his eyes as he just smiled.

"It's okay, really. I nearly fainted trying to get the words out." Joey admitted.

Chandler chuckled, butting in. "You nearly fainted with me trying to get you out of the room so I mean."

You and Joey turned around, facing Chandler as Monica smacked him on the arm lightly, turning back to chat with Phoebe. You and Joey both turned back around.

"Well, I'm glad we both did the same type of thing." You said, laughing slightly before you felt a pair of lips on yours. You wanted to scream. You had waited so long for this to happen to you and it finally did.

Happiness.

When he let go, you looked at him with a bubbly smile.

"I've always wanted to date an actor."

Joey rolled his eyes, pulling you back into his hold with his lips on yours. You had never felt more bliss in your life.

•.•
first chapter:)

-katherine