Mistletoe (Joey)

For as long as you could remember being friends with him, you had strong, romantic feelings towards him. They seemed to get stronger everyday.

The second he walked into the apartment that day, you nearly exploded out of fear and excitement- yet joy playing a major factor as well.

You had just finished wrapping the last gift to place under the tree (and you remembered who it was for to: Monica) when you heard the door open, Chandler walking in.

"Hey, have you seen Monica?" He asked as you shook your head back in response.

"No, I haven't. She might be with Ross over at Central Perk." You replied, wiping your hands covered in glitter off on your large, long sleeved grey t-shirt.

Chandler nodded, exiting the room and leaving you alone once again. You looked around Monica's apartment, smiling to yourself as you played with one of the french braids in your hair.

"Merry Christmas!" Rachel exclaimed as she walked through the door, giving you a wide smile before holding something up. "I have a surprise."

You moved closer to look at it. "Is that mistletoe?" You asked her, seeing a slight twinkle in her eye. "Why would we need that?"

Rachel pouted. "____, you know why. We've all wanted you to get together with Joey since day one! You two would be so cute together!"

You let off a soft frown. "He doesn't feel the same way, Rachel. It would be embarrassing to even try and kiss him. Besides, he has way many other women over to entertain him and take up his time."

Rachel copied your facial features before turning around and placing the mistletoe above the walkway of the door.

"Now you have to kiss him if you're over here with him." She said, giving you a smile before unloading her gifts under the tree.

You stared up at it before letting out one more sigh as Rachel walked past you.

"I left something downstairs, I'll be right back." She explained briefly before leaving Monica's apartment and heading downstairs.

You turned around, going and taking a seat on the couch. You were tired of all of these emotions that weren't getting you anywhere.

"Hey, ____. Merry Christmas!"

Your heart fluttered.

Sitting up, you replied. "Hey, Joey."

Slowly, you moved over to where Rachel had hung the mistletoe, careful not to let him notice it. He didn't seem to.

"Where is everybody?"

You shrugged, walking a little closer until you were slightly underneath it. You gave him a little smile, some blush powdering your cheeks. He noticed.

"What is it?"

You only gave him one more smile before stepping closer and pulling his lips to connect with yours.

Many things managed to happen in that moment. You felt him become immediately willing to kiss back, instead of being scared, confused, or unfocused.

You felt the heavens open as God's showers rained down upon you in sheets of gold.

Your arms were around his neck as you stood on your tiptoes to reach his lips.

When you disconnected your lips, you gave him a smile. "I've wanted to do that." You admitted softly to him.

"How about we continue it in the bedroom." Joey suggested as you grabbed his hand, allowing you to be taken away with him.

You couldn't stop smiling.